GDPR Delivery Manager - Various - Upto £ 575 per day - 6 Months
Evodia is looking to source a GDPR Delivery Manager to support its Government Client.
The role has been assessed as inside the scope of IR35.
It’s been three years since the Crown Commercial Service was established. We’re making a big difference - delivering significant savings for the taxpayer and contributing to the delivery of excellent public services. We sit at the heart of the government’s commercial reform programme, as a Trading Fund and Executive Agency of the Cabinet Office. CCS brings together policy, advice and buying services, providing commercial services to the public sector and saving money for the taxpayer through a single organisation. This enables us to make savings for customers in both central government and the wider public sector, achieve maximum value from every commercial relationship and improve the quality of service delivery for common goods and services across government. The way government organisations use technology to deliver better services to citizens is changing and continues to challenge and stress the current way in which access is made to goods and services. Via its Digital Transformation Programme (DTP), CCS has a mission to increase its digital enablement so that it can deliver both effectively and efficiently – moving towards an integrated platform which fully automates end-to-end processes, ideally storing data in one place and providing a more effective communication and engagement with markets.
Project managing one or more agile work-streams to help deliver the GDPR programme at pace. The postholder will need to influence peers and senior managers across CCS to ensure project objectives are delivered, effective plans are in place, implementation is evaluated robustly and delivery remains focussed on outcomes. This is a high profile programme of work with significant board level engagement.
Locations: Various (London, Liverpool, Norwich and Bristol) - Willingness to travel
- Manage and monitor projects using the appropriate agile project management methodology, learning and iterating frequently
- Create and maintain appropriate project plans, schedules and other documents to ensure effective project delivery
- Build and maintain strong working relationships across the team, including matrix management as appropriate to ensure projects are monitored and delivered against agreed milestones
- Gain a detailed understanding of policy and operational issues affecting project delivery and sharing of knowledge across the DTP team
- Manage risks and issues, using initiative to respond to minor day to day changes in priorities and escalating where necessary
- Consolidate information and project progress via simple and effective reporting processes to the GDPR Coordinator
- Ensure the GDPR Coordinator is kept fully briefed of project progress and any significant issues affecting project delivery
- Lead discussions with project teams to determine project status and managing associated dependencies across the projects by working collaboratively with other workstream leads, GDPR Coordinator
- Ensuring that customer needs and perspectives are properly collated and fed into product development
- Providing adequate communication materials that support the wider communication strategy.
Essential Experience and Skills:
- An open, positive and ‘can do’ attitude that builds confidence and credibility both within the team and across stakeholder groups
- Well developed analytical, organisational and problem solving skills. Uses information to challenge the status quo and inspires the confidence of stakeholders
- Ability to make difficult decisions by assessing the complexities involved against the need to act whilst escalating decision making to the right level
- Strong stakeholder management skills, including the ability to engage and influence in complex customer environments
- An excellent communicator and the gravitas to build credible peer relationships with decision makers
- Ability to drive efficient and effective ways of working through continuous improvement in support of establishing the Crown Commercial Service as a centre of procurement excellence in all that it does
- Working knowledge of communications as an effective means of giving, receiving, processing and interpreting information
- Team player that works collaboratively to achieve common goals.
- Exemplifies positive customer service behaviours and promotes a culture focused on ensuring customer needs are met and or exceeded.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree level professional qualification or equivalent working knowledge/experience
- Minimum of 2 years proven Project Management experience, preferably in an agile delivery environment
- Proven experience balancing multiple priorities and dealing with ambiguity
- Experienced in matrix-managing multi-disciplinary teams
- Stakeholder and relationship management experience within a complex business environment
- Knowledge of technical/digital project management is preferable but not essential.
- Changing and improving
- o Find ways to improve systems and structures to deliver more with streamlined resources
- o Regularly review procedures or systems with teams to identify improvements and simplify processes and decision making
- o Actively encourage ideas from a wide range of sources and stakeholders and use these to inform own decision making.
- Making effective decisions
- o Identify a broad range of relevant and credible information sources and recognise the need to collect new data when necessary from internal and external sources.
- o Recognise patterns and trends in a wide range of evidence/data and develop insightful conclusions, outlining costs, benefits, risks and potential responses.
- o Invite challenge and where appropriate involve others in decision making to help build engagement and present robust recommendations.
- Collaborating and Partnering
- o Establish relationships with a range of stakeholders to support delivery of business outcomes.
- o Act as a team player, investing time to generate a common focus and a strong sense of team spirit.
- o Encourage collaborative team working with own team and across the Department.
- Managing a quality service
- o Make effective use of project management skills and techniques to delivery outcomes, including identifying risks and mitigating actions.
- o Develop, implement, maintain and review systems and service standards to ensure professional excellence, expertise and value for money.
- o Establish mechanisms to seek out and respond to feedback from customers about services provided
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960534022