Head of Content and Digital Marketing
V Inspired connects young people with opportunities to volunteer and take part in social action.
Over the past 10 years, we have helped 1.3million young people to get involved with their communities and build skills, confidence and experience through volunteering and social action.
At the heart of this is a digital service, our brokerage between young people and the voluntary sector.
Over 500,000 visitors use it annually, and there are currently 10,000 opportunities for young people to get involved with thousands of voluntary and community organisations.
This is an exciting period in our journey; after 10 successful years, we’re exploring fresh ways to inspire young people and developing new partnerships and funding streams.
With the support of the Mayor of London, we are launching a new product that enables young people to gain rewards and recognition for volunteering and taking part in social action.
It will form part of the European Youth Card Association (EYCA) scheme, that connects young people with rewards, discounts and experiences across 36 European countries.
Leading a small team of content and digital marketing specialists, you will lead and improve V inspired’s use of a range of digital marketing channels to engage, acquire and develop online audiences.
You will also take lead responsibility for content strategy and production for V Inspired’s website, social media, email marketing and other marketing channels.
A qualified and experienced Digital professional, you will be comfortable both developing and delivering creative strategies and also using data and insight to evaluate performance and make decisions about optimisation.
You’ll also be a knowledgeable, confident and empowering leader, able to coach and develop your team and collaborate with colleagues from across the organisation.
- Lead the Content and Marketing team and help the wider organisation to make best use of their skills and expertise
- Lead on strategy, planning and delivery for a range of multi-channel marketing campaigns, developing - and delivering to - specific acquisition, conversion and retention targets
- Lead on content strategy, delivery and optimisation for V Inspired’s digital channels, in alignment with wider strategic objectives
- As part of the Management team, play a key role in the prioritisation and management of V Inspired’s wider portfolio of work
- Contribute to wider marketing and communications activities, including blended and offline campaigns, PR, brand development
- Plan, manage and report against campaign and team budgets
Education and qualifications:
- Degree or equivalent qualification or professional experience
- Digital Marketing qualification or accreditation (desirable)
- Significant experience in an equivalent role(s) ideally with a blend of agency and client-side experience
- Managing and/or coaching junior members of staff in a range of relevant disciplines
- Working with web developers, designers and other digital professionals in campaign delivery and/or product development
- Planning and managing budgets, and financial reporting
- Experience in a startup or other competitive commercial environment (desirable)
- Experience of press and PR (desirable)
Skills & Abilities:
- An excellent copywriter and content producer with a proven track record of success across a range of digital channels, including in SEO
- A proven campaign strategist, with the ability to work in an outcomes-driven environment
- Proven relationship-building and influencing skills, working with a range of clients and/or stakeholders at all levels
- Writing for offline media (desirable)
Knowledge & Understanding:
- Solid and up to date knowledge of tools and techniques for campaign management planning and optimisation - including google adwords and analytics, major social media marketing channels, email marketing, display, affiliates, MVT and A/B testing etc.
- Modern methodologies for successful digital product or campaign development, in particular Lean and Agile methodologies
- Deep and up to date understanding of SEO principles and techniques through content development and optimisation
- Principles of user centred design, particularly in relation to content design
- Understanding of equal opportunities and diversity
- Brand management and development
- Understanding of the voluntary sector (desirable)
- Creative problem solver
- Resilient and determined
- Open and highly collaborative
- A confident, diplomatic and constructive communicator
To apply, please send your CV and a brief cover letter outlining how your skills and experience match the person specification.