Senior Devops Engineer
Seeking a highly skilled Senior DevOps Engineer to help with the evolution and operation of a Cloud platform. This platform will play a key role in enabling the continuing flexibility, as well as increased efficiency and scalability of their website.
* As well as being a passionate advocate of cloud computing, you have solid professional experience of AWS architecture and administration in production environments.
* You have experience working with frontend web services, preferably in an ecommerce environment, including Apache/NGINX and CDNs (e.g. Akamai).
* You have a deep understanding of DNS, TCP/IP and networking concepts and how to apply them to a Cloud-based environment.
* You are snugly at home with Linux, and well versed in Bash.
* You are a capable developer in either Python or Go.
* You live and breathe automation.
* You've spent some quality time with Java applications running on Tomcat.
* You have hands experience with containerisation (Docker) and resource scheduling (Kubernetes).
* You possess a deep understanding of DevOps and Agile methodologies and concepts.
* You are confident writing test-driven Infrastructure as Code and have used tools like Terraform.
* You have knowledge of configuration management tools and techniques.
* You will contribute to the design and build of a Cloud platform that leverages resource scheduling and containerisation to bring increased flexibility, scalability and efficiency to their infrastructure.
* You will be expected to cultivate relationships with developers, engineers and other technology partners to understand their needs.
* You will provide mentorship and technical direction to off-shore team-members and evangelize practices and methodologies.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960536457