Customer Support Engineer
For more than sixty-five years our client has been a world leader in the design, manufacture and supply of inspection equipment to the coatings, concrete and metal detection industry. The business has major involvement across multiple market sectors including construction, manufacturing and engineering. The well-established business has over 200 employees and have grown both through acquisition and organically.
The Customer Support Engineer will provide practical assistance to internal/external customers, distributers and various departments within the company, while using your technical knowledge to answer queries by email or telephone or face to face customer visits.
Reporting directly into the Technical Manager, you will be the interface between the customer and the business when a technical query arises. You will be taught how the equipment works and the applications that they are used for. This product and application support role will allow you to build up a comprehensive knowledge of the technical aspects of the kit to become a subject matter expert and trouble-shooter.
This role has a relatively wide remit from dealing with customers to delivering internal and external training to working with the service department. No day will be the same and there is the opportunity for some international travel. The business is willing to provide heavy investment into your continued training and development.
The successful candidate will:
- Liaise with customers, distributors, sales, production and R&D regarding technical matters.
- Conduct product range training courses to internal/external stakeholders at all levels
- Develop a good technical knowledge and understanding of the product range
- Provide applications advice to end users, distributors and internal staff.
- Become a subject matter expert and a major stakeholder of technical knowledge and information relating to the company’s products sold worldwide.
- Develop knowledge and awareness of relevant national and international standards relating to the product line.
- Progression into the writing of technical papers for industry bodies and associations.
- Have input into Editorial duties for website publishing and marketing material.
What we are looking for:
The ideal candidate will have good interpersonal skills and a strong desire to succeed through delivering high level technical support.
Due to the nature of the role, the ideal candidate will ideally have a proven track-record in an electronic, mechanical or chemical engineering discipline within a product or applications support function.
If you fit the criteria and are interested in applying for this Customer Support Engineer vacancy please click apply.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960533201