£35,000 - £43,000 + bonus + pension + healthcare
I am looking for an experienced Tendering Engineer to work with a global leading company in their Tendering department within the power generation and distribution sector. I am looking for someone with experience in switchgear, specifically LV and MV switchgear who has an understanding of single line diagrams.
Within the role you will be required to provide customers with quotations together with support on product selection, price and delivery. Liaise with the Commercial activity and appropriate internal departments to ensure maximum benefits to the Company and its customers in terms of margin, service and response. Providing additional support to customers with more complex issues.
- Process customer enquiries efficiently to meet agreed standards of customer service.
- Interpret customer specification to ensure correct requirements are met.
- Provide full details of equipment offered to enable customers to assess its suitability.
- Advise customer of any non-compliance or deviations to specifications to prevent potential problems.
- To compile and deliver a formal quotation to budget product margin, to enable customer to assess our offer.
- To examine and understand all commercial aspects in customers enquiry to safeguard against unforeseen or adverse conditions. Ensure all T&Cs are agreed in writing
- Update and manage appropriate databases and commercial tools in a timely manner.
- Where appropriate, meet with customers and sales engineers to provide input on technical/commercial issues.
- Where necessary, review incoming orders and provide post order support to order processing functions.
- To work within the guidelines of the Company and the relevant quality procedures and health and safety policies.
- To keep abreast of current product offer, competitor information and current standards/legislation
- Understanding of Commercial T&Cs
Detailed knowledge of appropriate current product range
Awareness of appropriate competitor offer
Ability to read and understand electrical drawings
Well-developed interpersonal skills (written and verbal)
Excellent time management skills
Ability to work well within a team
Good negotiation skills
Knowledge of IT tools (bFO/SAP)
2 years experience within a similar role
Knowledge of Switchgear (LV/MV preferably)
If this sounds like you then get in touch with Jess on ************* or send your CV .
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960534708