HeadStart Assistant Programme Manager
HeadStart Assistant Programme Manager
Start date: June 4th 2018
Contract: 4th June – 7th September 2018
The Challenge’s vision is a more integrated society where there is understanding and appreciation of each other’s differences. We design and deliver programmes that bring different people together to develop their confidence and skills in understanding and connecting with others. We believe everyone benefits when people from all walks of life come together to better know, understand and trust each other. This also applies to the people we employ to work with us. As an equal opportunities employer our aim is to have a diverse workforce to reflect the communities we work in.
This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic, rapidly growing organisation, working with young people and local communities across the country. For more information about what The Challenge does and what its values are, please visit our website http://the-challenge.org/
About the role
The HeadStart Assistant Programme Manager supports all aspects of the HeadStart programme to ensure it offers a high quality, engaging and impactful programme for young people across the West Midlands. HeadStart is an award winning incentivised volunteering programme which gets young people active in their local community by rewarding them with skills workshops and a guaranteed interview for a paid part-time role.
This will include: developing and managing local charity partnerships, designing and facilitating skills workshops and interview days, and supporting on corporate partner engagement and relationship management. There is also scope to get involved with projects to support the programme’s broader development, such as supporting with improving monitoring and evaluation frameworks.
- To set up and manage high quality charity partnerships to enable HeadStart young people to volunteer in their local community.
- To motivate young people to successfully complete their volunteering placement through engaging communications and other creative solutions (such as creative ‘top up your hours’ events).
- To plan, prepare and deliver high quality skills workshops and other events.
- To support corporate partner engagement activities in the lead up to, and following, workshops and interviews.
- To support on the collection and analysis of monitoring data, including evaluating the quality of your charity partners, workshops and events to inform future planning and delivery.
- To support the programme’s broader development wherever possible, such as supporting with improving monitoring and evaluation frameworks.
- To attend monthly meetings with internal/external stakeholders.
- To complete any administrative duties associated with this role in a timely fashion.
Skills and experience
- Motivated by the idea of delivering a high quality programme that makes a difference to young people.
- Experience and passion for working with community groups to build a stronger community.
- Experience of working with young people.
- High attention to detail and a meticulous approach to managing time effectively.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Comfortable balancing multiple priorities.
- Creative and solution focused.
- Experience of volunteer management.
- Experience of corporate partner stakeholder management.
- An awareness of different learning strategies and teaching methods, suitable for engaging a diverse range of abilities.
- Experience of monitoring and evaluating a project with a view to continuous improvement.
The Challenge is committed to safeguarding and protecting the young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our programmes.
We expect all staff and post holders to share this commitment to safeguarding by ensuring compliance with our policies and practices.
Only applicants who have the right to work in the UK or have a valid visa or work permit for a minimum of 6 months at the time of application will be considered for this role.
In addition to being part of a fun, dynamic and challenging workforce, we are proud to offer an attractive benefits package including contributory pension, Simplyhealth cash plan, Ride 2 Work, childcare vouchers, season ticket travel card loan etc. to eligible employees.
- Status: This is a fixed term role until 7th September 2018
- Salary: £20,000 per annum
- To apply: Please apply by sending your CV and cover letter by email via the button below vacancy closes by 29th April 2018
- Interview process: Interviews to be held Thursday 3rd May