BI Developer (Qlikview)
Office Location: Manchester - Spinningfields
Contract: Permanent Full-Time
We're currently eeking an experienced BI Developer with proven experience in developing BI solutions to join the IT Team in an exciting role that's encouraged to introduce new technologies, ideas and solutions to improve business and development strategies.
Responsible to: Applications Development Manager
Liaison with: IT managers, subject matter experts, project team, vendors & relevant stakeholders.
- Contribute to the definition of the BI strategy for the business and ownership of the technical delivery
- Develop, enhance, re-engineer, maintain and support BI applications to create robust services around BI to inform business decision-making.
- Define and enhance methodologies and practices for BI applications life cycle management in line with best practice and with a focus on creating a programme that rationalises applications to standardise, streamline & simplify the portfolio.
- Develop productive relationships with business leaders and product managers across DWF to influence how applications can enable new sources of value.
- Work with key stakeholders to implement and manage product roadmaps status reporting, metrics and benchmarks.
- Conduct regular surveys of stakeholder satisfaction with application products, publish the results and, where necessary, implement action plans to improve satisfaction
- Understand all the data that the business holds and create sustainable reporting solutions ensuring the accuracy of the data.
- Liaise with 3rd party vendors to facilitate solutions where applicable and assist in data understanding i.e. schemas and data definitions.
- Work closely with other members of the IT development and support teams to offer integrated solutions.
- To keep up to date with technical knowledge and industry developments and related software and acquire new skills as and when required.
- Evaluate and identify new technologies for implementation.
- To work on various development projects as required by the business and to agreed timescales.
- To follow the defined procedure for processing work requests and recording development time.
- To follow all the Firm’s policies and procedures.
- To work in accordance with the Firm’s standards, protocols and service level agreements.
- To ensure confidentiality is maintained at all times.
DWF is one of Europe’s most innovative Law firms as voted by the Financial Times. We have won numerous awards, including being independently ranked as one of the top employers for working families, as well as being in the top two law firms for employee satisfaction. With offices nationwide and overseas, we are growing and are looking for top talent to come on board and be part of our success.
We view benefits as crucial to driving our business forward, and offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes:
Excellent training and development on all aspects of the role.
33 days annual leave (including 8 days bank holiday), with an option to buy and sell holiday days.
Flexible benefits including Season Ticket Loans, Gym Membership discount, Dental Insurance, Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work, Apple and Windows product discounts and Dining Cards.