IT & Systems Assistant - French/English-
We are seeking a full time IT & systems Assistant to joint an International School based in North London. Reporting directly to the Head of IT and Data Systems, this role requires excellent customer service and language skills. The successful candidate will first line support to all staff, students and parents. This is a great opportunity for a dynamic and enthusiastic individual to have a high degree of responsibility and be part of a successful school community.
The position is to be filled for 14 May 2018.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
· logging and processing support calls
· installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers and scanners
· Maintaining printers & photocopiers/replace toner cartridges
· setting up accounts for staff and Students, ensuring that they know how to log in
· solving password problems
· responding to breakdowns
· investigating, diagnosing and solving computer software and hardware faults
· repairing equipment and replacing parts (where possible) or contact repairers
· maintaining records of software licences / assets…. etc.
· managing stocks of equipment, consumables and other supplies
Education & Experience Required
· Bilingual French/English
· Good Knowledge of Google G-Suite (Gmail, Google Drive, Google Classroom)
· Good Knowledge of IOS Devices (iPads)
· Good Knowledge of hardware and software
· Up-to-date knowledge of the latest IT and software trends
· Ability to work well in a team
· Excellent organisational skills
· Ability to quickly establish good working relationships with users
· Willingness to occasionally start early or finish late
· A logical mind
· Enthusiasm for continual learning
· You will need to demonstrate an interest in fixing technical problems, either through previous work experience or activities you have completed in your own time
· An IT-related qualification is a plus but is not necessary
This job description sets out the duties of the post at the time it was drawn up. The post holder may be required from time to time to undertake other duties within the School as may be reasonable expected, without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed. This is a common occurrence and would not justify a reconsideration of the grading of the post.
Salary: £24,000 - 26,000 + free lunch/Pension Scheme/5.6 weeks holidays/reduced hours during school holidays/child care vouchers, enhanced maternity/paternity leave
Hours of Work
9am - 6pm (40 hours/week)