Software (Insurer Hosted Pricing) Developer
We have an exciting opportunity to join our newly created Insurer Hosted Pricing (IHP) Team. In this role you will be supporting the new IHP initiative which will enable real time motor and home rate changes, provide in house testing capability and performance monitoring.
- Reporting to the Team Leader, this role will require strong working relationships with other members of the UKGI Pricing & Underwriting Department and other areas of UK PL (for example Underwriting and Pricing Business Change & IT and Fraud and Validation) along with working with external development centres and Software Houses.
- Co-ordinate and manage Polaris scheme builds with third party suppliers
- Deploy and test Polaris schemes into the new IHP system
- Programming, Configuration and maintenance of Underwriting, Pricing and Fraud & Validation Rules within the system
- Create and maintain testing packs
- Execute testing within the IHP system
- Monitor quote performance through the IHP system
- Manage, investigate and resolve defects, adverse monthly testing results
- Build relationships with external partners and internal business functions
- Supporting projects and development initiatives
Your skills and experience:
- Experience in Programming or Testing with good knowledge of Excel preferred
- Logical Thinking and Problem solving skills
- Knowledge of insurance
- Knowledge of working with Polaris rating standards
- Attention to detail and working to a high level of accuracy
- Ability to communicate to a range of stakeholders
- Ensuring governance and audit procedures are followed
- Experience of version control
- Ability to be self-sufficient, display initiative and think independently of others
In return we are offering an attractive salary plus a generous benefits package including bonus and defined contribution pension scheme. We are committed to continuous improvement and we offer access to a comprehensive range of training and development opportunities.