Marketing Controller - Brewing and Brands, Bury St Edmunds
Role & Responsibilities
Greene King beers account for nearly half of our branded portfolio. Greene King IPA (the fastest selling cask ale) and Abbot Ale (number 1 premium cask ale) are our flagship beers and dominate the portfolio. Reporting to the Marketing Director, the Marketing Controller will be responsible for leading the development of our flagship beers as well as innovation to ensure the successful development of the range. This is a broad opportunity for a marketer who is both strategic and hands on. The incumbent will be responsible for the strategic development , planning and activation of our Annual Brand Plan ensuring this plan delivers revenue and profit targets. They will oversee partnerships on our major sports sponsorships, including the RFU and ECB, ensuring these are activated successfully.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Developing winning strategies and tactics that drive Brand performance to achieve the annual plan. Develop the brand vision and lead the execution of the Brand Plan.
- Defining and implementing exciting NPD that strengthens the overall brand in the rapidly evolving beer market.
- Responsible for brand analytics – tracking brand results, diagnosing business drivers, and recommending appropriate actions.
- Ensuring marketing activity builds brand equity and maintains the brands category leading levels of loyalty.
- Developing strong working relationships with other Brewing & Brands teams to ensure strategic platforms and NPD are aligned to the brand vision and strategy.
- Responsibility for managing all aspects of the mix including leading relationships with key agencies (media, advertising, PR, and digital) to ensure projects are delivered to the brand standard.
- Working with the sales teams to optimise sales across the different sales channels (on trade, off trade and export).
Key performance indicators ‘How will I know I’ve succeeded?’
- Achievement of annual sales targets and brand KPIs around penetration, awareness, share and loyalty.
- Achievement of Annual Brand Plan implemented within budgeted guidelines.
- Build positive internal and external relationships to develop enthusiasm and optimism for the brand.
Skills & Qualifications
Experience / Exposure / Temperament
- Graduate calibre with proven marketing success, possibly within a leading FMCG business. All key aspects of strong brand management will come naturally.
- Experience of and understanding of marketing in the on trade environment.
- Ability to foster strong working relationships internally and externally.
- With a creative and analytical mind, you will use data to support compelling strategies and executional plans.
- Prior experience and proven success in managing external agency relationships.
- Experience in developing integrated plans across all touch points from media to on pack.
- In-depth knowledge and proven results on brands distributed in UK multiple grocers.
- Savvy with continuous and panel data as well as familiar with all market research techniques.
Candidate’s required skills
- Strong leadership skills and ability to influence cross-functionally
- Ability to develop strategies which produce step-change business results
- Passionate about consumers and understanding of brands and the need for emotional connection with consumers
- Able to work with ambiguity; flexibly minded to offer innovative solutions
- Commercially savvy with a good understanding of drivers of profitability
- Excellent communication skills; ability to energize teams by conveying compelling vision
- Excellent project management skills, able to plan effectively, time management and the ability to delegate appropriately
- Strong marketer with a great track record
- Potential for development within the business
- Demonstrated personal accountability for achieving brand business results
- Passion for food and drink: able to provide examples of real consumer insight and uses these insights to develop effective plans.
- Ability to energize and develop people
- Is a true brand champion
- Tenacious in their ability to deliver projects on time.
- Strong and resilient
We will be considering applications as they apply, so please do not delay in submitting your application
Location: Bury St Edmunds, UKReference Code 1234042