Legal & Compliance Officer
Our client, an educational establishment based in Egham, is looking to recruit to Legal & Compliance Officer to be responsible for all legal and compliance aspects within their challenging, busy and continuously changing environment.
Responsibilities will include:
- To ensure that all legal and compliance aspects of the School are appropriately structured and discharged including policies, procedures and practices;
- To advise the Senior Leadership Team on all aspects of regulatory compliance;
- To ensure staff awareness of compliance;
- To offer advice with regards to the legal arrangements for strategic site development and assist with implementation;
- Act as Data Protection Officer, for ensuring both implementation and compliance with regards to the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Candidates should have a degree in law or similar qualification and with previous experience in compliance and the desire to continue their career path in this field. Excellent IT skills including advanced Word and Excel are a must. A DBS check will be required and you will ideally need your own transport. Experience from the education sector and familiarity with school inspection requirements and relevant areas of legislation would be an advantage. Knowledge of the following would also be useful:
- Knowledge of data protection law and understanding of how the law protects the privacy rights of individuals
- Project management experience
To apply for this position you must have the right to work in the UK on a long term, permanent basis and live within a reasonable commute of the location. Egham Employment Agency and Egham Agency Temporary Services Limited are acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role and we regret that we can only respond to those applicants who most closely match the specified criteria.