Senior Software Test Engineer
Title: Senior Software Test Engineer
Location: Elland, Halifax
A global company known for our innovative ideas and friendly, 'can-do’ culture, A-SAFE are always on the lookout for great talent to help us reach new heights.
This is your chance to join at a time of rapid expansion due to our leading - edge innovation & huge demand for our products.
We offer a fast-paced, energetic & creative environment and working with the latest technologies will motivate you to produce your best code & work autonomously
We are looking for highly skilled & experienced people to lead activity & deliver on challenging, ground-breaking projects. You will be working on our IoT safety products which evaluate data & transmit results to our customers including blue chip multinationals deploying thousands of devices.
Working closely with key stakeholders to define & deliver on key project milestones & parameters, you will be part of a team designing, coding, testing, debugging, configuring, and documenting the complete system in line with company protocols.
As the Senior Software Test Engineer your responsibilities will include but won’t be limited to:
- Design and script automation framework which can run use-cases, scenarios and situations end to end
- Automate end to end test, integration test, smoke test and user acceptance test
- Specify test scenarios and test data for highly complex software by analyzing the integrated components and data flow
- Ensure that test cases are building in a Continuous Integration (CI) fashion
- Contribute data to quality dashboards to ensure visibility of quality across the enterprise
- Provide test thought leadership in scrum teams and optimize technical decisions to maximize scrum team velocity
- Keep abreast of industry standards and newest testing methodologies and tools
- Create a data-driven culture with high standards of operational excellence and continuous improvement.
You’ll possess a Degree in Computer Science or a related technical field (Masters preferred) and have a sound knowledge of IoT systems. Experience delivering test automation solutions in an agile software organization is key and experience using cloud IaaS or PaaS products is essential. Strong coding and a background of delivering high quality software as a software engineer is a must have.