Data Integration Lead
At McLaren Automotive our vision is not only to become the iconic sports car manufacturer but also to deliver breath-taking, iconic and innovative new technology to the automotive industry.
We recognise that we can only achieve our vision with the dedication and collaboration of our world class employees. It is our mission to become the employer of choice within the global automotive industry.
Purpose of the Role:
Data integrity is essential to the effective running of our business. When data is accurate, on time and complete it saves us both time and money and allows us to make better-informed business decisions. High-quality data is an asset to our business
This role is responsible for ensuring the highest level of data integrity, governance, and service to the business. The role will support the development and improvement of Material Master, Vendor Master, Purchase Info Record, Source List, Material Pricing, MRP data and any other potential areas of development with the Product Data Manager, Business Integration Manager & Data Champions.
This is to increase operational efficiency, strengthen data governance, and increase data value through deployment of user-friendly processes, system tools, and data architecture simplification.
- Maintains Data Dictionary for data objects within area of responsibility, support the development of classification and standardization of material types, descriptions
- Maintains Business Process Procedures within area of responsibility.
- Maintains and develops strong working relationships with business owners as a process advocate. Drives the integration of business areas that have a responsibility to material master
- Develops recommendations for process improvements related to data creation and maintenance. Defines business rules for data, to improve quality and efficiency. Understanding, cleansing, monitoring, transforming and delivering data.
- Where necessary, work with SAP Centre Of Excellence (IT) to generate reports to aid business decisions and processes.
- Supports teams in identification, analysis and implementation of data quality monitoring processes. Communicates data quality errors in Production data, back to operational team members.
- Supports the development of specific actions and recommendations to mitigate risk and resolve outstanding issues.
- Supports the Product Data Manager, Business Integration Manager in identifying and managing conflicts and interdependencies.
- Defines, documents, and maintains all data definitions, data sources, business meaning and usage of information with Data Champions
- Ensures that data is clean, consistent, and synchronized across platforms.
- Oversees the design and implementation of data cleansing procedures.
- Leads the identification of areas affecting data integrity and coordinates corrective actions.
- Provides coaching and mentoring to team members.
- Adopts a creative & thoughtful approach to design, and solving problems.
- Ability to communicate clearly on all levels of the business.
- A positive, proactive attitude, self-reliant with a high level of self-motivation.
- An engaging mind, open to new problems outside their normal comfort zone.
- A willingness to engage in debate and discussion.
- Well organized and delivery focused
- Good attention to detail
- Understanding of SAP Material Master is a pre-requisite (MDM)
- Understanding of Vendor Master, Purchase Info Record, Source Lists, Material Pricing, MRP data is desirable
- Appreciation of data quality and good data behavior and practices
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret complex problems or processes that span multiple business areas, identify and understand requirements, and develop alternate solutions.
- Experience designing, developing and testing applications
- Ability to lead and drive small project teams and streams (Data Champions)
If you are passionate about pushing the boundaries of processes and technologies and have an entrepreneurial mind-set, join us at the heart of an exciting journey apply now to be part of cutting edge pioneering projects.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960532419