Java Software Developer
Working for a global high tech travel company based in London. Great, friendly and collaborative working environment at the UK's #1 Place to Work, as recognised by Glassdoor
Software engineers develop technologies that revolutionise travel and help millions of travellers explore the world.
• Design and build software by writing clean and thoroughly tested code.
• Improve quality, delivery and operation & support aspects of software.
• Work closely with Technical Product Manager to define roadmaps and backlogs.
• Analyse, debug and resolve production and non-production issues.
• RESTful API development experience with Java, especially Java 8.
• Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Programming, Data Structures, and Algorithms.
• Proficiency in automated testing with frameworks like Junit, TestNG, etc.
• Experience with AWS technologies, and competence in SQL and NoSQL data stores.
• Evidence of self-learning and a passion to learn new technologies.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related discipline.
• Working experience with low latency and high throughput applications.
• Working knowledge of Agile methodologies with DevOps mind-set.
• Understanding of operational and non-functional requirements.
• Previous experience of using caching data stores e.g. Redis.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960536445