Lead Software Engineer
Lead Software Engineer - (.Net, C#)
Lead Software Engineer with C#. NET is required to work on a permanent basis for our Defence client based in Luton.
This is a Lead Software Engineer vacancy to join our growing client Electronic Warfare business to further develop your career. As a world leader in electronic systems our clients advanced technology is installed on helicopters, fast jets and unmanned air vehicles.
Overview of the Lead Software Engineer contract role
In your role as a Lead Software Engineer you will be considered a subject matter expert for windows application development. You will be leading the development and implementation of the software technical solution making engineering decisions, mitigating technical risk and acting as the design authority ensuring best practice is shared and followed.
Key skills required for the Lead Software Engineer
- Extensive Windows application development experience with C# and the .NET framework.
- Expert knowledge of the Microsoft development toolchain.
- Proficiency in refactoring, including techniques to develop and extend legacy code.
- Expertise in designing, building, testing and maintaining modern software applications.
- Experience of technical ownership for a product/software project, including architecture, estimation, product planning and user story/requirement creation.
- Experience with the latest continuous integration and continuous delivery techniques.
- Experience of taking the technical lead role, mentoring and directing other team members.
- Demonstrable experience and success within your previous role, including taking responsibility for remaining up-to-date with relevant technology and personal development.
- Good knowledge of current industry best practice software development processes including Agile.
We will support your personal development with training and help you work towards professional accreditation if you wish.
You must be eligible to gain SC clearance.
The role is based in Luton, Bedfordshire - commutable from Watford, St Albans, Aylesbury, Milton Keynes, Bedford and Stevenage with excellent access from London
If you are a Lead Software Engineer looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other Software Engineering opportunities please contact Paul Scott on ************************* or phone *************
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a "one-stop shop" to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and, in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).
Please visit our website **********************
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960529843