Senior Finance Analyst
When our founder Bruce McLaren passed away at the age of 32 he left behind a legacy that has shaped who we are today. Of course, we have an unrivalled heritage which has its roots in racing; but McLaren Automotive is now creating a story of its own and we want you to be a part of it.
In 2015 we announced our ambitious business plan; Track 22 plan. Throughout 2016 - 2022, we are looking to invest £1 billion into Research and Development, leading to the launch of 15 all-new cars or derivatives during this period.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for you to join our Sales & Marketing finance team as a Senior Finance Analyst working with our Motorsport and McLaren Special Operations teams.
Purpose of the role:
As a Senior Finance Analyst, you will be responsible for managing and reporting spend against budgets & forecasts in one of the largest growth areas of McLaren Automotive. You will also work on process improvements to develop our recently implemented SAP system.
We want you as our Senior Finance Analyst to act as a Key Business Partner to the Head of Motorsport and support the Finance Manager with data for the Managing Director of McLaren Special Operations by being responsible for providing accurate and meaningful information in a timely manner.
- Provide consistent, accurate and timely financial information and analysis on Motorsport financial performance
- Support the preparation and development of annual Budgets, 10 year Business Plans and Quarterly forecasts for Motorsport
- Assist with the development and reporting of appropriate KPI’s across Motorsport and MSO
- Month-end activities including posting journals, accruals, prepayments and providing BVA commentary to the Finance Manager
- Lead and drive budget reviews with all key stakeholders
- Challenge stakeholders to drive accountability, as well as providing them with the tools necessary to track progress against their financial targets and most importantly, allow them to keep within agreed budgets
- Preparation and ownership of relevant financial reports, including meaningful variance analysis which is able to stand up to high levels of scrutiny and challenge
Knowledge, skills & experience:
- Qualified Accountant with relevant commercial/engineering experience (CIMA, ACCA, ACA or equivalent)
- Effectively communicate across all levels of the business from director level downwards
- Confident with offering constructive challenges to senior managers concerning budgets and cost controlling
- Strong Microsoft Office skills particularly Excel (Pivot tables, vlookups, formulas, etc)
- Able to work on multiple projects and tasks with various senior stakeholders
- Experience of accounting systems, preferably SAP
- Pro-active, passionate, confident and ambitious individual
- Ability to work with operational (non-financial) colleagues
- Persistence and drive to get the job done
- Ability to work independently and under pressure to manage conflicting priorities and tight deadlines
- Flexible approach to working
We recognise that we can only achieve our vision with the dedication and collaboration of our world class employees. It is our aim to become the employer of choice within the global automotive industry.
At McLaren Automotive we are constantly looking to improve. To become the employer of choice we are always looking to develop our employee offerings. We currently offer a range of benefits to employees at all levels of the business including Private Healthcare, Contributory Pension Scheme, Life Assurance and Personal Lease Car Scheme. We also offer a range of discounts with our partner organisations.