Lead Android Designer / Developer
Job reference number 65386
Lead Android Designer / Developer
Royal Mail Farringdon
Not many companies can say they’ve been around for 500 years and were founded by Henry VIII, but we can. Royal Mail is the UK’s designated Universal Postal Service Provider, supporting customers, businesses and communities around the country. We are the only postal company to provide a one-price-goes-anywhere, six days a week service to more than 29 million addresses across the UK.
It is an exciting time to join Royal Mail. As one of the UK's leading companies, we generated revenue of £9,776m in 2016-17. On top of this, we have recently undertaken an extensive review and transformation of the Technology function, one of the largest IT transformation programmes across the UK. With this transformation now complete, there is significant potential for growth and success.
Digital is now at the heart of our business and drives our vision of enabling smarter working - from Front Line colleagues through to Head Office. At the same time we strive to deliver innovative products and services through a world class customer experience.
Royal Mail Group – Lead Android Developer/ Designer (New team):- Central London
We have an exciting opportunity for a Lead. Android Developer to join us.
Royal Mail Group (RMG) are building a centre of excellence as part of their on-going transformation. With over a hundred thousand users, billions of transactions and vast amounts of data to process this key role offers you the opportunity to work on some of the most exciting new projects around for developers and designers.
Lead Android developer
This role is instrumental in the delivery of advanced mobile applications for the RMG business and their customers. The Lead Android developer will work on many projects providing mobile clients that will be part of wider systems on a variety of technologies that support the RMG IS/IT capabilities. You will lead a small team of Android Developers as well as being hands on, meeting the business requirements, creating designs that meet the requirements and implementing and testing the solutions. You will work collaboratively with Architects and Developers to produce optimal solutions.
In this role you will be responsible for assisting in the hiring of developers and helping them to grow. The role allows you to be hands on as well as to having autonomy to get things done. Your ideas and experience will shape the delivery of large scale programmes and offers you the scope and breadth in a business that is going through exciting changes.
This is a permanent role and will be based in London with a competitive basis salary and package of benefits that include a performance annual bonus.
Key Requirements of the role:
- To apply to this role we will require experience of being able to set up and lead Agile development teams to ensure appropriate monitoring and reporting is available on progress
- We are looking for someone who has experience of working at scale on mobile and web applications and are ideally looking for experience of using Xamarin and Android
- You will have a focus on Android.net language and technology stack with experience of integration into a diverse range of platforms and services including EAI, remote resources, data storage, messaging, solution accelerators, frameworks and 3rd party libraries
- Lead a small team in Design and build advanced enterprise applications for the Android platform
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and deliver new features
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Add to system knowledge base by documenting code and test cases
- Experience with Android SDK
We are an inclusive employer with equality, diversity and fairness at the heart of our values. We welcome applications from individuals from all different backgrounds and are committed to promoting fair participation and equality of opportunity for all of our job applicants.
Closing Date: 03/05/2018
ERP, .NET, Developer, Information Technology, Programmer, Technology