Senior Games Programmer
Job Title: Senior Games Programmer
This is a rare and exciting opportunity for a Senior Gams Programmer to join a UK based games development studio in Bournemouth.
Based at the company's headquarters in Bournemouth, you will be working in a dynamic and agile environment. Our client is looking for someone who is self-motivated, goal-orientated and a strong team player. You must take pride in your work, and know what it means to take responsibility and deliver quality focused products. You should also have the knowledge and ability to visualize how things should work, and how to translate this into a functioning solution.
Our client is offering you a chance to join a team of professionals, where they strongly believe that talent feeds talent. All of the team work together to achieve the best results and everyone has a genuine chance to contribute to the final product.
If these are values that you are passionate about and you enjoy sharing your enthusiasm and expertise with others and want to play a key role in creating award-winning games, then you might just be the person we are looking for.
Main duties and responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be responsible for implementing technical solutions for a wide variety of game elements and will work collaboratively with a small team of designers, programmers and artists.
- Involvement in all areas of game development
- To act in both lead and support developer roles on client projects, liaising with internal disciplines
- Independently create complete solutions from scratch
- Work as part of a team, but with plenty of opportunity to take responsibility on an individual level
- Contribute to architectural decisions and deliver high quality code
- Game coding for browser based games, mobile and other new and emerging platforms
- To identify future trends in game technology and other related areas and use these trends to your advantage
- 3+ years professional game development experience, working as part of a team or in a lead position
- C++ and / or C# experience essential
- Console and Handheld industry experience highly valued
- Unity experience highly valued
- Unreal experience is a bonus
- Ability to write robust, cross platform, reusable and maintainable code
- Strong knowledge of common game architecture and design patterns
- Mobile game development on iOS and Android platforms highly valued
- Ability to conceptualise, present and execute ideas within a schedule
- Experience and ability to share best practices and mentor teams
- An appreciation of online / mobile gaming is an advantage.
- Creative spirit is essential
- Awareness and understanding of Agile scheduling processes.
- A passion for making great video games.
- Strong attention to detail
- Company pension
- 22 days holiday per annum increasing to 28 days based on duration of employment
- Flexible working hours
It is important that you include a covering letter with your CV, detailing why you feel you are suitable for this position and highlighting all relevant experience.
We receive a high number of applications on a daily basis so we can only respond to successful applications. If you do not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has not been taken forward on this occasion. We may contact you in the future about other suitable positions.
Our full equal opportunities policy can be viewed here: ********************************-opportunities/
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960528683