Applications Developer - VBA, ASPNET, VBNET, C#
Applications Developer - VBA, ASP.NET, VB.NET, C#, .NET framework, HTML, SQL Server
Our International law firm client require an Applications Developer (VBA, ASP.NET, VB.NET, C#, .NET framework, HTML, SQL Server) on a permanent basis to be involved in all areas of IT Software Development. These include developments and integrations with Microsoft Office, the firms template management system, internal web applications, desktop solutions, integrations and server-side services.
The right Applications Developer (VBA, ASP.NET, VB.NET, C#, .NET framework, HTML, SQL Server) will participate in the full development lifecycle using their excellent analytical and software development skills. This Applications Developer (VBA, ASP.NET, VB.NET, C#, .NET framework, HTML, SQL Server) opportunity also includes third line support of the above systems, the majority of which will be internally client facing.
The key responsibilities for this Applications Developer (VBA, ASP.NET, VB.NET, C#, .NET framework, HTML, SQL Server) opportunity are:
- Work with the Applications Manager, Business Analyst and Technical Project Managers to translate requirements into design and build;
- Deliver solutions to meet the changing requirements of the Firm;
- Design, develop, test, implement and maintain Desktop and Web based business applications and systems according to the IT Services software development coding standards and best practices;
- Work with the Applications Team to proactively evaluate software and solutions, sharing proposals where necessary to enable budget planning by the IT Director;
- Proactively review changes in development technologies, methodologies and standards and recommend amendments to the development team: subsequent updating of best practices and coding standards;
- Work with all business support departments to translate business requirements into practical solutions;
- Work with all global and local IT Support Teams to provide a coordinated software service; and
- Day-to-day third line support of in-house systems within the Applications Team and global IT department
To be considered for this Applications Developer (VBA, ASP.NET, VB.NET, C#, .NET framework, HTML, SQL Server) role you must meet this criteria:
Technical skills (required)
- Excellent knowledge of VBA, ASP.NET, VB.NET and C# within the latest Microsoft .NET framework. Sound theoretical background in software engineering particularly Object Orientated design with an experienced understanding of source control, scripting and unit testing.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Development, including integrations and customisations.
- Thorough knowledge of HTML and experience of IIS. Relational database experience of Microsoft SQL Server 2014/2012/2008. Sound practical knowledge of database stored procedures, views and triggers.
Technical skills (desirable)
- Conversant with Document Management Systems – (ideally iManage/Worksite).
- A good understanding of software deployment methodologies (e.g. SCCM)
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960529107