Recruitment Hunters are recruiting for an experienced Payroll Administrator for a highly successful accountancy practice organisation based in Peterborough.
This role will initially be a Fixed Term Contract of 12 months with the possibility of permanent afterwards.
The firm are looking for an experienced Payroll Administrator to join the team, the firm offer excellent benefits, a very competitive salary and exciting development opportunities. The role will give you a chance to build your payroll knowledge and also work with various clients across multiple sectors.
Main Responsibilities:- Payroll Administrator
The candidate will be allocated their own portfolio of clients, processing multiple payrolls and the role will involve:
- Process all payrolls from start to finish
- Starters, Leavers and Permanent data changes
- Process variable data from clients
- Manage multiple deadlines for variable data and managing clients throughout their pay cycle
- Report processing and sending to clients
- Liaise with client and dealing with salary queries
- Completing monthly pension returns
- Dealing with queries from the client and HM Revenue & Customs
- Processing and calculating statutory payments such as SMP, SSP etc.
- Manually calculating pro-rata payments such as holiday pay, hourly/daily rates of pay etc.
- Keeping abreast of new legislation, supporting the team implement new procedures
- Ad hoc tasks as required & future projects to get involved with.
You will have the chance to grow, as well as receive managerial support and you can expect your responsibilities to increase throughout your time with the firm. You will work in a friendly and progressive environment.
Experience Required:-Payroll Administrator
- The successful applicant will have proven payroll experience, preferably within an accountancy payroll bureau, with a stable career history.
- Candidates should be outgoing and resilient, with excellent attention to detail, interpersonal, organisational and communication skills.
- You should be a team player but also able to work independently, self-motivated, display a positive approach to work and have the ability to get things done. In addition, candidates should possess the confidence and professionalism to establish credibility at all levels.
Education and Experience
- Educated to GCSE Level with results with a minimum C or above in English and Maths.
- CIPP qualification (or studying towards the qualification) (Desirable)
- Candidates are expected to have excellent IT skills and be confident in their ability to pick up new systems
- Star payroll knowledge (Desirable)
The team in Peterborough advises a wide range of commercial businesses, private individuals and not-for-profit organisations throughout the UK. The firm have strong links with the professional and financial community in Peterborough and the surrounding area.
The successful candidate shall join a busy payroll department of nine. The team work cohesively and support each other in order to achieve client demands.
This is a full time 12 Months Fixed Term Contract -(Maternity Cover) with the possibilities of Permanent afterwards, based in Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, starting ideally end of May 2018 or beginning of June 2018 to have a solid handover. Working Monday - Friday offer a salary between £22,000 - £25,000 pa depending on experience, plus excellent benefits - please see below.
- We are able to offer a dynamic and varied workload
- Annual salary (market rate) depending upon experience
- Salary review annually in October
- Paid overtime or time off in lieu
- Eligibility for the firm's Profit Sharing Plan
- Group personal pension scheme: under the requirements of pension auto-enrolment you will be automatically enrolled into the Group Personal Pension scheme (4% employer contribution, 4% employee contribution).
- Life assurance cover of three times salary
- 20 days annual leave. In addition, buy or sell up to 5 days holiday a year
- Interest free season ticket loan on completion of probationary period
- 6 month probationary period
- Access to a number of other benefits with preferential rates under the flexible benefits programme, which include; health screening/GP support, child care vouchers, critical illness cover, cycle to work scheme, and spouse life assurance.
If this Payroll Administrator position sounds like you, then please forward your CV to Steve at Recruitment Hunters.
"Let us do the hunting...so you don't have to!"
Recruitment Hunters is an independent recruitment agency based in Cambridgeshire who place permanent, contract & temporary staff into firms across East Anglia (Cambridgeshire, Suffolk & Norfolk) & West London. We focus on 4 main sectors from Commercial, Accountancy, Engineering to Technical. The types of roles we recruit for as follows: Administration, Accounts, Analyst, Customer Service, Logistics, Credit Control, Ledger Clerks, Sales, Account Management, Management, IT, HR, Directors, Engineering, Accountants, Analysts, Insurance, Technical, Public Relations, Marketing, Design, Legal, Call Centre, Receptionists, Pa's, Bi-Lingual, Field Sales, Graduates, Juniors, Mortgage Underwriters, Banking & everything in-between.
Payroll, Administration, Starters, leavers, P45, Pension, Accountancy, Practice, Star, input, clients, returns, Payroll, payee.