Head of Product
- Full Time
Commercial Business Modelling
- Ensure all Product Development initiatives are supported by a robust business case which delivers clear cost savings, revenue enhancement or a combination of both.
- Report monthly on performance of assigned Product portfolio against defined KPI's. Investigate the reason behind any changes in performance and implement action plans to address as appropriate
- Define and document a detailed product specification and feature definition for all assigned products and services.
- Continually analyse the market and competitive situation to inform all product positioning and specification activity.
- Work with the Customer Experience and Sales teams to understand the external and internal feedback on existing products and services and build this into future product releases.
- Provide input to the process for the generation and development of new product and service ideas
- Input into the ongoing development and evolution of the product strategy including definition of what we deliver and gather input from key stakeholders.
- Set up and manage a bi-annual audit of product and design principles to ensure these are correctly deployed across the portfolio.
- Provide updates to implementation roadmap and ensure we deliver to agreed timelines whilst also engaging key stakeholders in a timely fashion.
Sales and Marketing support
- Provide relevant content for all sales and marketing collateral
- Ensure all materials are accessible via an online reference library which is kept up to date at all times.
- Define pricing strategy for all assigned products and services and support sales team with application of pricing to individual buildings.
- Own and manage the proposition and pricing for any additional services in area of responsibility.
The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- Strong product management/product marketing capability
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Logical and analytical: ability to build robust investment cases and review P & L performance.
- Project management experience desirable
- Strong team player with a proven ability to drive initiatives across cross-functional teams where there are no direct reporting lines
- Ability to build strong stakeholder relationships
- Experience working in a similar or relevant role
Recently confirmed as number 4 on the Sunday Times Best Companies list, Better Placed is undoubtedly one of the UK's leading Marketing Recruitment specialists. Over the last 10 years, we have been placing talented people into businesses across multiple sectors including Business Services, B2B, FMCG, Retail, Financial Services and Agency. With offices in Manchester, Leeds and London, we are "better placed" (sorry!) to recruit marketing and digital talent for some of the UK's, and world's biggest brands.