Finance Analyst - High Road West
Applies intermediate knowledge in a specialist stream (job category) and advanced knowledge of several operational practices, to issues of differing complexity (routine to varied), where problem-solving can be required on difficult problems. Exercises independent judgement within defined practices and procedures. May instruct or coach others, direct projects or assignments.
- Prepare the monthly budget reports and meet with the Development Managers to monitor their spend to budget each month
- Assist with the financial sections of the sitewide PCG papers where applicable
- Assist the Commercial & Finance Manager to provide financial analysis to the project team and project stakeholders, to assist in project delivery and decision making
- Update the Monthly Finance Pack for project and work with the central team with any ad hoc queries
arising from this
- Reforecast short-term (1 year) cashflows each month working closely with the project team to ensure accuracy over timing of payments and receipts
- Review monthly Balance Sheet and Project Ledger reconciliations with the central finance services team
- Prepare COG's journals at the completion of a phase
- Prepare and maintain the resource tracker and resource and overheads allocations
- Review the overheads each month and prepare monthly accruals if required
- Prepare the annual development accounts for each phase and liaise with external auditors and stakeholders with any questions
- Assist with reporting to Local Authority stakeholders and preparing the bi-annual business plans
- Support with Commercial Appraisal modelling where appropriate
Drives Customer Outcomes: Is dedicated to meeting customer expectations through the delivery of quality products & services. Builds & maintains enduring relationships, ensures customers experience an 'ease of working' with Lendlease & seeks to understand customers and their changing needs.
Engages Stakeholders: Has a well-developed knowledge of the external market, actively builds internal & external relationships and engages in networking activities to expand connections. Fosters collaboration & team cohesiveness to ensure effective outcomes area achieved.
Drives Accountability & Ensures Effective Delivery: Assumes ownership for the success of the business & displays personal responsibility & accountability. Is committed to delivering the best outcome and manages the delivery of project & commercial results by setting & agreeing performance standards & measures, and tracking performance & results.
Manages Risk & Opportunity: Undertakes all relevant business, project & operational reporting & understands how to manage the problems, risks & issues associated with managing a business or delivering defined outcomes. Engages all relevant stakeholders & contributors to ensure all opportunities are realised & risks are mitigated as appropriate.
Embraces Change: Embraces & adapts to change initiatives & new strategies, and remains optimistic and positively focused on the achievement of goals. Remains resilient and persists through roadblocks & obstacles. Explains the rationale for change & links to key business drivers.
Leverages Finance Skillset: Demonstrates a strong understanding of financial management principles and applies this knowledge to effectively manage the commercial & operational activities of the business. Applies strong intellect and logic to quickly diagnose the core issues and identifies a range of potential solutions and scenarios.
- Qualified 2 year+ or equivalent
- Strong understanding of accounting policies and procedures, demonstrated through experience in a variety of statutory and management reporting roles, preferably for a large corporate group
- Good knowledge of real estate and what creates value, how the market values real estate
- Knowledge of typical real estate development financial structure including typical expenditure and income
- Good knowledge of financial KPI's - eg NPV/IRR
- Good knowledge of IFRS
- Experience of commercial modelling / managing financial appraisals
We aspire to create a diverse workforce by recruiting suitably qualified candidates from a range of backgrounds regardless of age, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin or colour, sex, trans- gender status, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marital or civil partnership, or any other group who face disadvantage in our society.
As part of our ongoing commitment to diversity we have invested in the external verification for equality, diversity and inclusion and have achieved the Equality Assured Standard accreditation.
We build careers, develop skills and invest in people.
Imagine what more you can do here.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960533089