Scrum Master / Senior Software Engineer
Job Role: Scrum Master / Senior Software Engineer
Salary/Rate: Excellent Salary!
Start Date: ASAP
Clearance: DV Clearance
Scrum Master / Senior Software Engineer - Permanent - London - Excellent Salary!
A fantastic opportunity to our client's rapidly growing Software Development Team. Our client operates an Agile / Scrum methodology and you will be involved in the full software development lifecycle, developing solutions using the latest technologies. Working for our client you will be working alongside world class partner organizations. Our client supports on-going professional development through both formal and on-the-job training to help further develop your career and develop your management and leadership potential.
Our client is looking for software engineers, with significant professional experience. Experience of software development in a military or Government project background would be an advantage, but is not essential. A broad knowledge of Information Security "best practice" would also be useful.
- To design, develop and maintain mission critical applications and systems
- Design and develop product functionality, user interfaces and performance improvements
- Key interface to external customers and suppliers
- Lead scrum\team meetings
- Responsible for reviewing team members deliverables and providing feedback & guidance
- Act as lead engineer for small/medium programmes or subsystems within larger programmes.
- Support Estimation Activities
- Supporting technical planning and management meetings
- Provide software metrics to the programme
- Experience working as a Scrum master in an Agile / SCRUM delivery model, using best practices
- Experiences of Scaled Agile would be very useful
- Java application development
- Oracle based development (Oracle SQL, PL / SQL, DBA skills)
- Experience of Cloudera Hadoop including HDFS, Flume, Sqoop, Hive, Impala, Accumulo, Spark
- Application development using Java orientated middleware, for example, JEE, Spring, Hibernate, Apache Camel
- Unstructured persistence layers, (e.g. ElasticSearch, MongoDB )
- Experience of scripting languages; Perl, Python, ruby
- Experience with high performance distributed systems
- Experience in secure development techniques and tools that produce secure systems
- Understanding of virtualization (e.g. VMWare and Hyper-V)
- Experience of PKI and encryption techniques
- Good interpersonal skills for customer liaison
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good time management, organization and prioritization skills
- An inquisitive mind and a desire to promote innovation
- A desire to learn and constantly expand your horizons
- Ability to work closely with others in a small team
- Ability to work under pressure
- High degree of initiative and flexibility
- Willingness to travel if required
- Degree in Numerate Subject essential or evidence of ongoing professional development
- 25 days holiday + statutory holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Flexible Benefits
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you £300!
You will be required to hold a minimum of DV Clearance. If you do not hold an active DV Clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2018.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960536247