DevOps Engineer - Web operations engineer - Linux, AWS, 24 months
One of our most prestigious government clients is looking to speak with an Experienced Dev Ops Engineer - Web operations engineer preferably with previous Government experience. This is an incredible opportunity for the right candidate to work alongside talented teams of Technical Architects, Network Architects/Developers and the Head of Core Platform team.
The contract is up to 24 months with the flexibility to work from home one day per week. With full details provided inside Government DOS contract.
Specialist areas include:
DevOps engineer with good knowledge of Linux, cloud computing, WEB applications, Puppet config management, AWS, UNIX open source tools, networking, Internet security, containerisation.
Scripting languages Bash+Ruby/Python.
DevOps Engineer with hand-on experience with new technologies, such as containers (Docker, RKT) and the tool orchestration that surround these (DoreOS/Etcd/Flannel/Kubernetes/Fleet etc.)
Job Role/Title - DevOps Engineer
What specialists will work on.
1. Improve and expand AWS platform
2. Apply changes using configuration management tools (Puppet, Ansible).
3. Coordinate and direct deployment of engineers on agile Development projects
4. Support and troubleshoot complex micro-service based environment(Haproxy/Nginx load balancing)
5. Improve monitoring and performance measurement tools (Sensu/Grafana/Logstash/ELK) 6. Participate in the oncall rota
7. Work on containerisation of the services(Docker, Kubernetes)
8. Perform DBA tasks on variety of Databases (Postgres, Mongo, MySQL)
9. Implement and improve security stack/tools
10. Configure continues integration pipelines for deployment.
11. Automating various tasks using puppet, ansible and Scripting (Shell + Ruby/Python)
- Production experience in Linux environment: Linux, AWS, AWS SDK, AWS CLI, Terraform advanced/expert level. Puppet/Hiera, development Shell/Bash plus one higher level Scripting languages (Ruby, Python, Perl, other) ELK Stack
- Production experience in Networking: Security and encryption (TCP/IP), Firewalls, Load Balancing: Harproxy, Nginx, SSL/TLS, for encryption in transit, DNS management, CSOC protective monitoring technologies)
- Production experience in managing databases: Postgres up to DBA level Minimum of 2 out of - MySQL/MongoDB/RabbitMQ/ActiveMQ System Admin
- Live project CI/CD administration: Jenkins, GIT (3+yrs), Artifactory or similar system, Docker/Vagrant, Working in Agile teams
- Proven experience of designing platforms for mission-critical services in line with GDS standards
SC Clearance is required. Should you feel that your skill set matches the above requirements, please submit your CV along with evidence of eligibility to work in the UK. Please also highlight the relevant experience suitable for this role as we anticipate a high volume of applicants. We look forward to speaking with you.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960530527