Desktop and Infrastructure Support Engineer - IT - London
Desktop and Infrastructure Support Engineer- IT - London - £35 000 - £45 000
My client is an exciting leading company within the trading and financial services industry.
They have a created a new opportunity for a talented Desktop and Infrastructure Support Engineer to be responsible for providing infrastructure and IT desktop support to the London office. This is a great opportunity to get your foot in the door with a massive company. A successful candidate will be able to display great communication skills alongside strong technical skills. This role requires someone who is good working in a fast-paced environment and can remain calm when under pressure. My client is looking for someone who is enthusiastic and is willing to get stuck in from the word go.
Essential Skills for a Desktop and Infrastructure Support Engineer:
- Good understanding of ITIL working principles
- Good understanding of O365 and MS Office suites
- Ability to gather, correlate, and analyse facts; provide recommendations; define problems, and deliver solutions
- Desktop Win7-10 and OS deployment technologies
- Administration and support of Cisco/Avaya telephony and Dealerboards
- Server 2008-2016 including AD, DNS, DHCP, WSUS, SQL, FTP and Exchange
- Experience in with Mobile Device Management including Apple IOS support
- Network TCP/IP, Switching/Routing, VLANS and Firewalls.
- Exposure to Bloomberg and Fidessa or other trading floor applications
- Familiarity with Virtualisation technologies - Hyper-V/VMware and IaaS
- Experience in developing and adhering to Backup Strategy and Technologies
Desired Skills for Desktop and Infrastructure Support Engineer :
- Able to focus and concentrate in a noisy environment
- Good project management skills
- Professional with good integrity
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Happy to travel and work in other offices when needed
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Able to prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
If you are interested in this opportunity and would like to hear more information about the role, please send your CV to ********************************** or call ************* and ask for Thomas.
Desktop and Infrastructure Support Engineer - IT - London - £35 000 - £45 000
Annapurna IT are acting as an employment agency with regards to this opportunity. For the latest news, blogs, events and TV interviews about Technology Transformation please visit: *********.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960535212