Security Operations Infrastructure Engineer - RHEL Linux
a financial giant, based in Fellet now asees a Security Operations Infrastructure Engineer to join their Operations Infrastructure teams, the primary function of the role is to ensure the Linux based infrastructure is secure, robust, resilient and compliant to PCI standards.
- You will manage and support production and test systems to high levels of security
- In addition to these tasks Security Operations will work closely with Technical Architecture as a point of support for security design, architecture compliance, threat and vulnerability management and penetration testing.
- You will own developing and maintaining supporting documentation, you will be required to assist in deploying automation of operational processes and procedures, identify weaknesses, propose, plan and deploy improvements to address and enhance the infrastructure design.
- You will always ensure best practice is followed in a commercial environment that supports high profile transactional web sites using industry standards.
- Adhere to the Change Management process, including presenting change requests with sufficient clarity to allow the appropriate authority to understand the reason for the change, the associated risk, the ease of regression and the implications of making or not making the change.
We need you to have proven experience providing operational technical support to critical systems in a 24 x 7 managed services / data centre environment working with relevant technologies and within an ITIL framework. You will also possess strong Unix / Linux administration skills in a predominantly Redhat environment running mission critical enterprise software as a service with a disciplined 'service first' attitude.
You will be required to have extensive experience in administering, configuring and tuning in Linux Kernel, Apache, JBoss, RHEL & middleware security and strong scripting skills using Bash. Ideally you will also have experience in supporting environments with large (>100) numbers of Servers, knowledge of PCI and experience of VMware and NetApp SANs and backup solutions.
As part of this role you may be required to work outside of normal office hours including weekends, this could be in Group premises in Fleet or in various data centre environments. All technical operations engineers are required take part in out of hours support via an on call rota.
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications: RHEL & SECURITY
- A proven track record of maintaining security to critical systems in a 24 x 7 managed services / data centre environment working with relevant technologies and within an ITIL framework.
- Knowledge of IT Security principles, techniques and technologies
- Understanding the technical aspects of the Information Security
- Strong Unix/Linux skills in a predominantly Redhat environment running mission critical enterprise software as a service with a disciplined 'service first' attitude.
- Experience working with a virtualisation technologies, ideally VMWare.
- Extensive experience in administering, configuring and tuning
- Linux Kernel
- JBoss / Tomcat
- LDAP / AD - Experience supporting environments with large (>100) numbers of Servers.
- Demonstrable knowledge of network concepts, IP addressing / sub-netting, web and database applications.
- Relevant industry understanding, in particular operating in a PCI compliant environment.
- Experience with applying server hardening standards.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and resources.
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
One or more of following security qualifications is preferred but not essential:
- GIAC: Global Information Assurance Certification.
- GCIH: GIAC Certified Incident Handler.
- SIEM: Security information and event management.
- PCIP: PCI Professional
Additional skills preferred but not essential:
- Experience with Vulnerability scanners like Nessus, MVM, Qualys, etc.
- Experience using RedHat Satellite server
- Experience of RHEL 7
- Experience of automation technologies such as Puppet or CHEF
- Redhat Certified Systems Administrator - RHCSA or RHCSE
- Experience working with storage technologies
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960537890