Quality and Continuous Improvement Engineer
A thrilling opportunity to join a world leading manufacturing business with a global presence and an established profitable client base.
Michael Page have partnered with a global company that employs over 15,000 heads and and operates facilities on 5 continents. Guardian's diverse group of companies are involved in the manufacture of high-performance, high-quality speciality products supplying a diverse range of industries including construction. This business has been on a journey towards manufacturing excellence over the last 2 years and has opened up another opportunity for a pro-active Quality and CI Engineer to join their expanding team.
Reporting to the Quality Manager, you will have an opportunity to add value and deliver results from day one.
The focus of the role will be to support the identification and implementation of projects that contribute to the success of the plant-wide adoption of continuous improvement methodologies.
- Supporting the sales and operations teams in delivering the expected customer service levels, in particular the prompt and satisfactory resolution of customer quality complaints
- Facilitating problem solving and root cause analysis for quality issues using tools such as 8D Problem Solving and FMEA
- Coordinating and conducting audits in accordance with the audit schedule and ensuring that any adverse findings are resolved in a timely manner
- Supporting the training and development of employees across the business to enable and encourage a culture of manufacturing excellence
- Facilitating the introduction of continuous improvement methodologies to the organisation, identifying and removing barriers to change
- Developing and maintaining measures of the success of changes implemented
This role is about interacting with, listening to and influencing people. As such you will be an excellent communicator both in written and verbal form ensuring you can adapt your style to fit internal and external stakeholders.
The Ideal Quality and Continuous Improvement Engineer will:
- Hold a degree in a science, technology or engineering subject, with practical NVQ qualifications being accepted in engineering disciplines
- Have a proven track record of positively effecting product quality and manufacturing processes within a production/manufacturing environment
- Extensive knowledge of quality tools/techniques and/or continuous improvement methodologies (a background in either quality or continuous improvement is acceptable, experience of both is not a requirement)
- More than two years post-degree work experience in a quality or continuous improvement role
- Highly motivated and driven, passionate about delivering exceptional results
Competitive with a supportive package
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960533145