398532SQA/ Supplier Development Engineer
The SQA Engineers are responsible for the Quality Assurance of Purchased Parts throughout the complete product cycle.
* SQA contribution to early-phase concept work and supplier nomination.
* SQA activities within the simultaneous engineering teams and at suppliers as part of the industrialisation process (NPI - APQP & PPAP)
* Series process and product approval
* Ensuring launch readiness at component level for the introduction of new models.
* Closed-loop problem resolution of parts quality issues with suppliers.
* Management of supplier quality performance and implementation of corrective actions.
* Managing the parts quality implications of product changes, supplier relocations and model run-out.
* Proactive & reactive Supplier Development activities, impacting on supplier process yield, continuity of supply and product quality. Hands-on experience of Lean Manufacturing.
Qualifications and Experience
The successful candidate will have the following:
* Proven track record in Supplier Quality Assurance and/or Supplier Development within automotive or other strongly technical roles in Automotive Manufacturing such Manufacturing Engineering, Process Planning or Project Management.
* Knowledge of automotive technology and product development.
* Experience with various manufacturing processes.
* Excellent problem-solving skills.
* Operational experience of quality systems, quality tools & techniques.
* Exceptional team-working, intercultural and interpersonal skills
* The ability to communicate and present effectively at all levels.
* Tenacity, resilience and focus.
* A good Engineering degree or equivalent.
* German language skills are desirable.
Due to the nature of this role the holder will be expected to travel to suppliers internationally.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960528415