Engineering Project Lead
Senior Engineering Project Lead
Newport - Wales
* Effective planning and execution of engineering projects including design, product development, testing and airworthiness approvals through to first delivery.
o Creation of coherent Work Breakdown Structures.
o Creation of robust engineering plans.
o Create and maintains a Robust Requirements Plan - Capture, Validate and Verify.
o Effective management of Resource/NRC, recurring cost and weight tracking.
* Generate and maintain customer product specifications.
* Manage engineering changes through the engineering functions to support project delivery.
* Assess and manage technical risks to avoid adverse project impact.
* Support problem solving initiates throughout the project.
* Be able to communicate efficiently and clearly with internal and external suppliers and customers.
* Any other reasonable duties are required.
Desired Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will be:
* Minimum HNC/HND education. Degree level preferred.
* Engineering experience (5 years minimum).
* Previous engineering management/project management experience preferred.
* Knowledge of Microsoft applications (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project, Access).
* Experience of engineering design.
* High and proven interpersonal skills.
* Competent communicator with ability to establish good working relationships across departments.
* Self-reliant, hardworking, pro-active, motivate and an achiever.
* Effective team player.
* Understanding and awareness of aircraft interior certification.
* Full UK driving licence and valid passport essential as travel will be required.
Prime working relationships:
* Lead Designer/Senior Designer.
* Project Manager.
* Engineering Functional team - Certification, Stress, Industrialisation.
* Supply Chain Focal.
Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
* Engineering experience in appropriate discipline.
* Engineering project planning & delivery.
* Engineering Design experience.
* Engineering Management - Managed and delivered complex engineering projects.
Skills, Competencies and Personal Attributes:
* Highly effective communicator.
* Solid organisation skills with the ability to plan and consistently achieve challenging deadlines.
* Proactive & Self-motivated.
* Tenacious, determined and motivated by achievement of meeting targets and deadlines.
* Rigorous in standards/process application
At First Recruitment we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That's why our consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
This is a superb opportunity for anyone looking to work for a reputable organisation.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960533989