Senior Front End Developer
You will be joining a young, rapidly expanding peer-to-peer fin-tech company with two brands:
One is a fin-tech company which has created a new revolutionary finance plugin for retailer’s which enables customers to spread the cost of their online basket totals over a time period the second is a peer-to-peer bridging loan provider with a superb track record in approving loans quickly, and providing a great return for their peer-to-peer investors.
They have a friendly and informal working culture with flexible working around core hours Monday to Friday including one day per week working from home.
We are looking for a talented Senior Front-End Web Developer to join their small team of full stack developers to lead the decoupling and development of their front-ends and the ongoing addition of new products and features. You will play a full part in the collaborative creation of rudimentary UI/UX wireframes and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how their applications look and feel as well as how they work. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application, creating quality, reusable code (in effect building their own “mini framework” and paradigms upon which future development will rely on).
The ideal candidate will also have some full-stack LAMP or back-end (PHP, MySQL) experience, so you will be able to work from time to time on tasks other than your core front-end responsibilities.
As a key player in a small team you will need to be a good all-rounder, highly motivated, have leadership skills, clarity of vision, an ability to influence colleagues you have no formal authority over, and be able to work under pressure to achieve tight deadlines.
- Decouple their existing front-ends from their back-ends
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Ensure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Ensure security protocols and PCI compliance are adhered to.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
Skills And Qualifications
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Advanced understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Good experience with REST apis, both from the client side and server side (PHP).
- Proficient with a CSS framework such as Bootstrap or Foundation.
- Knowledgeable with OOP principles and design patterns.
- Design skills and familiarity with tools such as Photoshop and Illustrator is desirable.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of Git
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
- Experience with the following, whilst not essential will be a distinct plus: Meteor.js, LAMP, mobile app development
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960530742