Senior Dev-Ops Engineer ( AWS )
Senior DevOps Engineer
Role & Responsibilities:
Support the infrastructure, software applications, development and integration teams for our clients technology team. 24/7/365 hosting services are provided therefore this is a key role within the IT department.
- Build and configure cloud configurations on the AWS – Cloud Computing Services. In particular install and configure new environments using automated scripts that you create.
- Automate via Puppet scripts all server components
- Document procedures and policies that relate to the IT systems you support in particular the application configuration.
- Support the development lifecycle including all types of testing to ensure system performance meets the required standard
- Manage deployments and all changes to the infrastructure and code base in production
- Manage 3rd party vendors and hosting services
- Ensure DR and BCM process and procedures with regular testing of the configurations to ensure fit for purpose
- Create monitoring and regular reports on availability and performance
- Involved in defining the physical architecture and maintaining this as part of an IT roadmap
Essential Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years professional Linux experience
- Proven ability in writing procedures and policies which can be used by other staff and are maintained within a review lifecycle
- Experience in operating 24x7x365 customer focused environment
- Good knowledge of IP networks and protocol
- System level knowledge of Linux, Nginx, Java servlet containers (jetty or tomcat)
- Software release management
- Patch management
- Linux (Ubuntu or CentOS)
- Shell scripting
- Insurance industry experience
- Project Management Methodology
- Programming ability in one or more of Java, Python/Perl, Ruby.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960531073