PHP Developer (Laravel)- Leading E-Learning co - South London
A leading E-Learning co with several sites, multi award winning, are seeking a PHP Laravel Developer to join their growing team.
- - Established over 10 years ago
- - over 100 staff
- - Clients include Leading Law firms, Aldi, PWC, M&S, Walt Disney, Accenture, IBM etc
A very hands on approach to development as part of a collaborative team, building on the highest standards to their development process. The Senior Developer works internally on their current market leading products that are used directly by some of the world’s
best known companies, including PwC, Microsoft, Citi, Bloomberg and Jaguar Land Rover.
Technical - essential:
- Demonstrate and provide examples of products you have developed through the whole
- development cycle including requirements gathering, system analysis and design and
- various forms of testing
- Confident discussing technical details and be able to make suggestions to improve existing
- projects and processes, as well as give suggestions and advice to others
- Interest in keeping up to date with latest technical advancements
- TDD and Unit testing knowledge
- Experience with MVC / OOP, MySQL, HTML and CSS
- Understanding of SOLID principles
- Experience using a PHP framework like Laravel, Symfony, Zend or CakePHP
- Experience building a modern JS application
Technical - desirable:
- Linux server knowledge
- Experience using Sphinx Search, Memcache(d) or Redis
- ElasticSearch implementation
- Vue.js or similar JS framework
- Gulp, Git (or another VCS), Composer, Require.js, Angular.js / Bootstrap
- Experience using Git Flow for feature development
- Experience with larger projects and knowing how to deal with the component parts and
- trouble shoot projects you have inherited as well as ones you have built
- Experience with running a LAMP server
- Experience working in an agile environment, ideally using Jira and Confluence
- You will work with a team of developers, comprising of three Lead Developers, two Software Developers and a Front-End Developer, managed and supported by the Technical Programme Manager.
- - Flexible working hours
- - Work from home 1 day a week
- - Macbook Pro
- - Free food
- - Plus many more....
- - Highly rated on Glass door!
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960533874