Reinsurance Analyst and Technician
REINSURANCE ANALYST AND TECHNICIAN
Are you an Insurance or Reinsurance professional with experience and technical knowledge of either major or commercial lines of business? Do you have significant experience of working within a technical capacity for a Broker and/or Underwriter? Are you looking to apply the experience you have gained, within a role that's truly progressive and offers full end-to-end responsibility of a client portfolio? Do you aspire to work for a global business that works with clients of all sizes to define, design and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk? If you have answered yes to all of the above, then we may have the opportunity you're looking for!
We are currently seeking experienced and entry level Insurance or Reinsurance professionals to join us to work as part of a dedicated team of Reinsurance Technicians that support our client base through transactional processing, securing reinsurance recoveries and through timely and accurate system entry. We have a number of opportunities across all levels on a 12 month fixed term contract basis.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Manage a specific, assigned client portfolio, taking full end-to-end responsibility of technical duties relating to client accounts, premiums and claims for binder and lineslip risks. Also potentially covering excess of loss and pro rata business.
- Interpret, cleanse and input data, analysing result outputs, filter and assess the results in preparation for client and/or reinsurer presentation submissions.
- Work with Market Fiduciary to assist with collection of funds
- Manage all brokerage receivables, funding, retention, e-trading, post booking receipt, ad hoc reporting requests, payment of funds and all management and transactional process steps
- Promote, build and maintain relationships with Brokers, Clients and Markets. Understand issues, resolve problems and queries and review working practices
- Participate in team meetings and activities to share opinions, ideas, knowledge and solutions
Skills & Qualifications
- Strong analytical and data management skills, specifically geared toward Lloyd's minimum standards for Binders and Lineslips
- Significant experience of working within a technical capacity for a Broker and/or Underwriter, either within the Insurance or Reinsurance sectors
- Successful management of workload; with an ability to manage expectations of all clients and stakeholders
- Able to engage, influence and negotiate with clients, market contacts and colleagues in a professional manner
- Strong communication and negotiation skills, both written and verbal
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required
Salary: £25,000 - £35,000 dependent upon experience
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960534153