Big Data System Engineer
BIG DATA SYSTEM ENGINEER
Job Type: Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
consultancy is a multinational Technology Consultancy firm with 21,000 employees
worldwide including Europe, Northern America & LATAM.
We specialise in providing business and strategy solutions, application
development, maintenance, and outsourcing services. everis offers differential
value in the marketplace due to our ability to obtain results,
We are currently looking for a Systems Engineer to join our Outsourcing
team in London.
The candidate will act as a System Administrator looking after
administration, tuning and optimization of our Client's infrastructure as part
of a team that is working with Big Data platforms.
· Assist with installs,configurations, updates, and maintenance of Hadoop Cloudera and/or other BigData ecosystem components.
· Performs Multi-tiered incident, change and problem management.
· Maintains and upgrades automated scripts to facilitate operational tasks.
· Coordinates with teams as necessary for problem support and resolution.
· Monitors faults,performance, and capacity issues; prepares remediation reports and documentation.
· Researches,identifies, and analyses trends of utilization and errors.
· Uses the ticketing system to document requests, incidents and changes to keep track of work,issues and resolutions.
· Continuously looks for process and quality improvement
· Insures team documentation is accurate and maintained
· At least 2 years' experience in Linux Systems administration: monitoring, basic administration, basic installation (hands-on experience), best practices.
· Experience in installation, configuration and administration Hadoop Cloudera platform will be a plus.
· Strong, logical analytical and investigative skills.
· Experienced in ITIL and/or Agile methodologies.
· Past or current Consultancy Background.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960535417