Manual Software Tester - Global Software Company - Newbury
Manual Software Tester – Global Software Company – Newbury
Due to growth an additional Software Test Engineer is required to primarily work on sophisticated software products in Newbury. Working within cross functional teams, it regularly involves resolution of leading edge technical problems and undertaking a mix of tasks across the full product lifecycle.
The Software Test Engineer will work closely with the scrum team in building and executing comprehensive suites of manual BDD Scenarios. The job involves maintaining and adding to existing cucumber feature files, manual retesting and investigation of JIRA defects.
Applicants are expected to possess a professional background of, at least, 2-5 years’ experience of software testing within a TDD environment. This role is mainly for a Web application tester.
Role and the Manual Software Tester
- Build out BDD Scenario tests for areas of the software with low coverage of automated tests using a BDD approach and use established Test Frameworks.
- Work within Scrum teams to develop new Scenarios to improve the quality of the functionalities.
Requirements of the Software Test Engineer
- ISEB Certified
- Cucumber / Gherkin
- Jenkins / CI
- Virtualization software, ideally VMwar
The following would be a bonus
- Database knowledge particularly PostgreSQL
- Performance testing Windows and web applications
- Ubuntu / Linux
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960535822