Payroll Analyst - Newport Pagnell
Great opportunity for a Payroll Analyst to join a leading supplier of IT solutions to the public sector. The role will ensure the provision of high quality product support to our client's customer base, with key focus on Payroll Implementation, Support and Project Support.
Job Title: Payroll Analyst
Location: Newport Pagnell
Salary: £Competitive + excellent benefits
- Providing payroll implementation support to customers and colleagues
- Key focus on ensuring all incidents, problems, service requests and change requests are dealt with in a professional manner within the SLA and to the satisfaction of the customer.
- Utilise knowledge and experience of payroll operating systems and databases to investigate reported faults.
- Acting as an escalation point where difficult or controversial calls are received
- Aid in upskilling the payroll knowledge of the Support Team
- To produce concise issue resolution and user documentation as required for handover to colleagues and customers.
- Develop knowledge and skill sets to confidently support products and solutions
- Sense checking payroll data during the implementation phase, through parallel runs until handover is complete
- Completing the setup of Statutory Payment Schemes, Pension Schemes and Nominal Ledgers
- Review the existing implementation and implement configuration changes
- Support the Project/Support Team with system testing co-ordination, including testing scenarios, regression and integration testing;
- To communicate and liaise as necessary with other teams to support customers, payroll implementation and product improvement.
- Assist Project Managers with issues that are occurring whilst the customer is still in the project phase.
- Develop customer relationships and attend customer sites when required.
- Assist with product testing when required
The successful candidate will have previous experience with in payroll processing. You will have strong problem solving skills along with the able to work under pressure, manage workload and achieve deadlines. It is essential that you have proven customer skills along with the ability to manage expectations and control change in an IT projects environment. Payroll Implementation and Configuration experience is highly advantageous.
Previous experience of working with process based applications is highly advantageous as well as an understanding of PRINCE2 or similar Project Management Methodology and knowledge of scripting and querying SQL /MS SQL Server 2008 to 2016.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960534229