Senior Java Developer
Senior Java Developer - 9551
Operations - Great Britain Woking, Surrey
Nielsen needs an Experienced Java Developer! Be a figure head in the concept creation and development of software products for our Entertainment business to utilise. If you have got hands on experience already and are looking for a new role then Nielsen is a unique company you do not want to miss out on!
What's so exciting?
- Develop and migrate exiting products to the cloud (using Azure)
- Work in an agile team environment
- Adopt and use cutting edge technology
- Have creative freedom with the Software creation
Perks of the work!
- 25 days holiday rising to 28 with long service
- Additional Holiday purchase available (up to 10 extra days!)
- An opportunity to work within the global Entertainment sector
- A great contributory pension with a highly elite pension provider
- Fantastic private healthcare package
- First class training support and development opportunities
- Work in a proudly diverse environment
As the Senior Software Engineer, you will ideally have exposure and experience in a wide range of Java-based technologies. It would be beneficial to also be familiar with cloud architecture and deployment practises, Scaled Agile development frameworks.
Key accountabilities for our roles include:
- Act as a key stakeholder in the product development and offer leadership on solution creation
- Working as part of a small agile team you will have the freedom to innovate new products
- Be a key stakeholder in the migration of Legacy products to the Cloud
- Act as a thought leader in the team
To succeed in this role you will need:
- A proven track record of delivering quality Enterprise-grade Java-based solutions
- Familiarity with RDBMS and/or NoSQL systems and query languages
- Have excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Be comfortable leading large, complex software projects
- Ability to coach more junior team members
Nielsen N.V. (NYSE: NLSN) is a global performance management company that provides a comprehensive understanding of what consumers Watch and Buy. Nielsen's Watch segment provides media and advertising clients with Total Audience measurement services across all devices where content - video, audio, and text - is consumed. The Buy segment offers consumer packaged goods manufacturers and retailers the industry's only global view of retail performance measurement.
By integrating information from its Watch and Buy segments and other data sources, Nielsen provides its clients with both world-class measurement as well as analytics that help improve performance. Nielsen, an S&P 500 company, has operations in over 100 countries that cover more than 90 percent of the world's population. For more information, visit ***************
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Woking,Surrey
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960533239