Job ID: R-64937
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Property Owners Underwriter based within the Property Investors Team at our Worthing office and reporting to the Trading Team Manager.
Working within a team, you will be handling day to day Underwriting queries, quotations and renewals and provide a first class service to a panel of Specialist Brokers. There is a requirement to build and maintain new and existing relationships.
We will also expect you to be able to work with Brokers to find ways of developing their accounts with us. A focused approach will also be necessary in order for deadlines to be achieved.
We are looking for someone who is confident internally and externally and is able to negotiate successfully. Being able to recognise and contribute to team development needs is also essential.
Some travel will be required to carry out regular broker visits and to work closely with our colleagues in London.
The successful candidate will be positive and dynamic when it comes to working as part of the team and will need to demonstrate commercial understanding, creativity and flexibility in their behaviours.
This is a great opportunity to join a very successful trading team who specialise in the Property Investors area handling risks of all sizes including FTSE 100.
You will be involved with a panel of brokers handling Property Investors open market and scheme business.
This role gives you a fantastic opportunity to not only to utilise your technical skills but gives you the chance to develop further in the Property Investors area. We work with Property Specialist Brokers in London and the South.
Technical Underwriters are responsible for the performance of Property Investors through their allocated clients
- In depth knowledge of Property Owners Insurances & underwriting strategies
- Knowledge of and compliance with all service, legislation, regulatory measures at policy level
- Negotiate renewals & new business
- Achieve profitable growth from new and existing business in line with CSR strategy
- To be accountable for Property Investors underwriting performance at case level (including as part of a scheme)
- Manage the underwriting and profitability performance at policy level
- Scheme & case audits carried out to meet Property Investors’ requirements with outputs acted upon & resolved
- Identify own training needs to maintain SMART Personal Development Plan
- Be dedicated in requesting training through Senior Underwriters and Team Managers
- Manage new business and renewal trackers with Team Managers
- Champion Property Investors throughout Aviva including branches, Claims and Collections
- Have a full and complete understanding of systems and processes
- Knowledge of risk management/ risk management solutions
People Underwriters own the responsibility for their own development and the development of others
- Take time monthly to capture and plan / develop own performance to assist Team Managers and Senior Underwriters with reviews, training and development
- SMART career and technical development plan agreed with Team Manager and Senior Underwriters and progress evidenced at each review meeting.
- Demonstrate appropriate Role Model behaviours with direction from Team Manager and Senior Underwriters
- Contribute to building and maintaining a feedback culture to aid high performance
- Help implement mentoring and training to Aviva & broker staff to develop underwriting competency
- Be a role model for Aviva
- Build and maintain relationships with Property Investors Management Team, Local Peers, Underwriting Support, Brokers, CTU, Claims, Collections, Finance and GCS teams
Broker Underwriters should be building an effective broker network through excellent service and trading behaviours
- Communicate with broker peers at appropriate level
- Attend and support broker meetings
- Collate servicing MI and feedback (including on broker service) that can be utilised in regular face to face and at least quarterly strategic and case meetings
- Deliver difficult messages, whilst ensuring all stakeholders are made aware of any issues that might impact the account or escalate to them (eg service, profitability, debiting deficits)
- Certificate in Insurance (Cert CII) and/or educational/ vocational equivalent (Desirable)
- Level 3 Property Licence; Level 4 Liability Licence (Desirable)
What will you get for this role?
- Salary of around £20,000 to £25,000
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Minimum holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 30% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
Closing Date: 27th April 2018
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960533076