Senior civil/infrastructure engineer
Senior Civil/Infrastructure Engineer Wanted!
Location: Central London/South London
Salary: £45,000 - £55,000
I am looking for 2 Senior Civil/Infrastructure Engineers with the potential of growth where they'll be leading their own teams.
My client is a leading and progressive civil and structural engineering consultancy delivering challenging, environmentally responsible projects. Providing exceptional service in a wide range of sectors, they design with creativity and flair balanced with efficiency and practicality. My Clients team are skilled, motivated, and environmentally aware - they want to contribute. Their client list contains private and public including prominent Developers, Architects, Contractors, and Public Bodies.
Essential knowledge and ability required for the Senior Civil/Infrastructure engineer role;
- Underground drainage design for projects ranging from one off domestic houses with pumped basement drainage through to larger residential and mixed use sites.
- Pre-planning application, drainage infrastructure advice and strategy.
- Storm & foul water attenuation design
- SUDS techniques and implementation
- Softwares - Windes, MicroDrainage, AutoCAD.
What are the desirable skills for the Senior Civil/Infrastructure Engineer Role?
- Flood risk assessments
- Road design
- Car Park and hardstanding construction design
- Ability to use Volumetrics and PDS 9 Cut
- Attend site and design team meetings
What are the responsibilities that come with the Senior Civil/Infrastructure Engineer role?
- Responsible directly to the Partner/Senior Associate for the financial and technical control of the civil engineering aspects of various small and medium sized projects.
- Keep careful control of all issues on a project and be responsible for the technical aspects of the work.
- Report to the Partner/Senior Associate on a regular, timely basis keeping them informed of progress.
- Liaise with Architects, Clients and other professionals whilst carrying out duties.
- At all times represent the Practice in a professional and courteous way.
- On larger projects assist the Partner/Senior Associate in managing technical, financial and resourcing issues.
- Delegate to, manage and direct Engineers and Technicians involved on projects.
- Responsible for selected technical issues.
- Prepare and present internal seminars to the Practice on either projects, technical or any other issues that may arise.
Essentials and desirables of the Senior Civil/Infrastructure Engineer;
Chartered Status - Desirable
MIStructE - Desirable
MICE - Desirable
Technical competency in civil engineering - Essential
Special Skills and Knowledge
Financial control of appointments fees, and projects. - Desirable
High interest in architecture and design. - Desirable
Ability to develop new business Good project management skills including an ability to manage time, resources, costs and communication. - Essential
Get applying now! #Energipeople.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960535741