Exterior Systems - Cost Leadership Engineer
RLE International is working on behalf of an Automotive OEM Client, who is currently looking for an Exterior Systems - Cost Leadership Engineer
Our client offers a wide range of unique opportunities available to suit some of the best people and brightest minds in the automotive industry.
So, if you’re looking for a key role in shaping the future of the car industry, they have the stage and the tools necessary for you to make it happen.
Mission and Main Objectives
To develop and deliver exterior system cost reduction ideas to meet departmental cost reduction targets
To include some exterior lighting, outside mirror, wiper and wash development.
To develop exterior systems that satisfies customer expectation meeting quality, cost and timing targets.
To include some or all of exterior lighting, outside mirror, wiper and wash development.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
To find, develop and deliver cost reduction ideas for current programs.
To support new model sourcing and development with cost optimization ideas
To introduce parts into production meeting program Quality, Cost and Timing requirements
To lead the section’s deep study of existing components to identify cost reduction opportunities (including reporting status and presenting opportunities to other functions within design/sales/styling groups).
Take full responsibility for a set of components for quality and cost improvement and program changes.
Background and Experience
To be responsible for overall system development including;
- Achievement of basic design criteria and performance requirements
- Incorporation of manufacturing requirements
- Achievement of quality targets
- Compliance with regulations
- On time delivery
- Initial layout and design
- Styling feedback
- Technical aspects of supplier selection
- Design release
- Cost management to keep within a defined budget
- Technical benchmarking from a cost and mass perspective
- Project management
- Supplier management
- Test reporting and validation
- Concern resolution, problem solving
- Must hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960530865