Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery Manager
Job Title: Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery Manager
Salary: £40,000 - £48,000 + bonus + benefits
Royal London is the largest mutual life, pensions and Investment Company in the UK, with Group funds under management of £106 billion. Group businesses provide around 9.0 million policies and employ 3,449 people. (Figures quoted are as at 30 June 2017).
Founded as a Friendly Society in a London coffee shop in 1861, Royal London started out with the aim to help people avoid the stigma of a pauper's grave. Since then we have been helping people help themselves and are committed to delivering the best value for customers and putting members first.
Royal London are looking to make an important appointment of a Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery Manager to join the Group Infrastructure Technology team. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Business Continuity & Disaster Recover specialist to join the business and work closely with senior stakeholders to help define, shape and implement the ongoing Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery strategy. You will have proven experience gained working within a similar role ideally within a large complex systems environment coupled with strong organisational / planning skills and excellent stakeholder engagement and management abilities.
- Accountable for embedding Business Continuity best practice into Group Profit & Loss and Group Functions.
- Accountable for ensuring there is a fully effective and embedded end-to-end Business Continuity Management System framework.
- Ownership of 3rd party recovery site provider relationship to ensure that Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery propositions align to RLG appetite.
- Overall ownership of Disaster Recovery, including ownership of Crisis and Major Incident Management.
- Ownership of all forms of Business Continuity or Disaster Recovery exercises.
- Accountable for ensuring RLG Business Continuity meets regulatory compliance.
- Accountable for ensuring consistent documentation is in place across Royal London Group.
- Support the business in implementing and embedding the Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery Policy.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- A proven background within similar Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery Management roles gained within a large complex systems environment.
- A credible subject matter expert with deep knowledge of Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery testing disciplines.
- History of working within an established ISO best practice (22301 & 27031).
- Specific continuity management experience (full life cycle) in a complex multi-supplier, multi-client environment.
- Proven ability in designing, planning and executing Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery test programmes, ideally in a UK regulated, large infrastructure environment.
- Must be a well-organised and a diligent documenter, able to assemble a comprehensive Business Continuity Framework structure.
- Professional BC or DR qualification eg MBCI.
- Proven negotiation skills.
- Excellent stakeholder management and presentation (oral and written) skills.
- Ability to listen, communicate, challenge and influence team members, immediate peer group and senior business management.
- An ability to build trusting relationships with Industry and UK Government Regulators.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- An ability to maintain composure and professionalism in pressurised, stressful and uncertain situations.
- Provide mentoring/coaching and assistance to those in the BC & DR field.
For a confidential discussion on the role or to apply, please contact Danny Palmer at the following address: **************************************
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960531789