Overview: Subject Matter Expert - Project Engineer
My client a leading energy provider is looking to engage a Subject Matter Expert Project Engineer to join them until the end of December 2018. The Assurance SME will be responsible for assuring the technical designs/proposals from outsourced service providers conform with corporate standards. You will be or have been a Project Engineer and will be the company's subject matter expert in Networks. You will have the confidence and expertise to challenge designs and recommend remediation/alternatives to ensure architectural compliance and technically assess the high and low-level detail
- You will assure Lan, Wan networks hardware, software solution design and ensure Service Provider(s) compliance with relevant architecture and quality standards;
- Assure delivery of Networks in support of business projects in line with customer expectations, timescales and budget;
- Be an integral part of the in-house retained team in managing the performance of outsourced networks providers to ensure swift & timely resolution of incidents
- Work with s the Service Provider(s) to address any issues of underlying design and or processes to ensure the best possible architecture
- Work closely with suppliers to identify and implement performance improvement in the delivery of the Telecoms services and ensure value for money;
- Support transformational changes in the IT infrastructure team and challenge the day-to-day activities and processes to deliver continuous improvement;
Skills & Qualifications:
- Experienced Expert in Cisco Data Networking ( and ideally also Nortel) WAN/LAN/WLAN)
- Experience as Networks Architect -Cisco infrastructure including Nexus and Meraki
- Knowledge of Voice Networking and enterprise telephony
- Experience in Skype for business deployment, design and run, especially cloud variant such as Vodafone Vone-M.
- Experience of delivering networks services in a high security or restricted environment (e.g. IL3) & ideally Security cleared (SC);
- Experience in a technical assurance role;
- Practice in defining and delivering performance improvement to ITIL standards;
- Capable of leading a discussion on design issues, and delivering sound decisions, based upon consensus and the application of architectural and quality standards and best practice;
- Strong ability to manage multiple stakeholders;
SC/BPSS clearance is preferred alternatively you will be required to undertake security clearance and take an initial drug and alcohol test.
We have been working with our client for ten years and supporting their award-winning approach to diversity and inclusion. Awards include The Times Top 50 Employers for Women, the Gender European Equality Standard 2016, Stonewall Equality Index Top 100 Employers, NatWest LGBT Business Award, BITC - Best Employers for Race and the National Equality Standard. Together we believe that a culture of inclusion forms the basis of a truly sustainable business and is a vital component in shaping a strong, fresh-thinking organisation, where the workforce is a true reflection of the communities and customers that they serve
As part of our process, every endeavour is made to promote and accommodate flexible working and we would welcome applications from those meeting the skills and attributes required.
If you meet the skills and attributes required, please outline any flexible working requirements with your application.
Please apply via the website and for further information please contact me on ************* If you have not received a response within 14 days your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for taking the time to apply.
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960533254