Help-desk Analyst

Recruiter
Harris Global Ltd
Location
London (Greater)
Posted
14 Apr 2018
Closes
16 May 2018
Contract Type
Permanent
Hours
Full Time

Harris Global are currently recruiting for an IT Help-desk Analyst/Trainer to be based in London. The Help-desk Analyst operates at all levels, supporting a wide range of users with differing levels of skills. Along with the IT Apprentice, the IT Help-desk Analyst is the face' of the department and is therefore responsible for creating a good image and providing an excellent customer service.

Overview

  • The role provides first and second line fixes by email, on the telephone, remotely or at employees' desks.
  • The ideal candidate should have some IT Training experience and 40% of would concentrate on training with the remaining 60% on Help-desk. Working with the IT Manager you will help to design and deliver training courses that cover the IT training need, and provide IT induction for new staff members
  • There will also be the opportunity to take ownership of small scale projects as assigned by the IT Manager and provide coer in the absence of the IT Manager.

Key responsibilities

Help-desk

  • Provide a responsive, effective IT Help-desk service to a variety of users, in line with the SLA.
  • Understand the needs of the users; take responsibility for the required work and resolve calls effectively.
  • Provide regular updates to the IT Manager on the type of issues received and identify any training requirements or any required changes to the system.

Training Duties

  • Help develop an in depth induction and training plan for technical staff to cover areas such as PC builds, user setup etc
  • With assistance from the IT Manager carry out training needs analysis on staff and devise suitable, regular and ongoing group and individual training programmes covering all current and future software and hardware deployed throughout the firm
  • Responsible for staff IT induction programme; ensuring that new users' workstations are correctly configured and that new staff receive suitable training in all software and hardware required in order to carry out their roles
  • Design course materials and other documents such as handouts, manuals and exercises
  • Work closely with the IT Manager to devise and deliver training programmes as new software and hardware solutions are deployed throughout the firm
  • Provide end user support on recently trained material
  • Keep up to date with relevant systems, software and training techniques
  • Liaise with external training vendors, examining bodies and software companies
  • Maintain administrative records of courses that staff have attended

Skills/knowledge requirements:

The successful candidate will have:

  • Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Word 2010
  • Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint 2010
  • Good knowledge of Windows 7, Windows 10, Windows Server 2003,2008 and 2012 (including Active Directory and Group Policy)
  • Working knowledge of Androids and MDM technologies
  • Working knowledge of Microsoft Exchange 2010 and SQL Server 2008 onwards
  • Working knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint
  • Have good skills in key IT applications and hardware, preferably in a Legal environment although this is not essential.
  • Strong communication skills

If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience and would like a full job description, then please apply.


This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960529911

Similar jobs

Similar jobs