3rd Line Engineer (Fast track to Technical Architect)
3rd Line Engineer / Senior Server Engineer / Technical Lead / Technical Architect, 40K + Overtime + Benefits, Central London
We have a great opportunity for a 3rd Line Engineer / Senior Engineer / Technical Lead who is looking to take the next step up into a Technical Architecture role. Based in Central London, you will be working with a highly successful managed service provider (MSP) with an impressive track record of delivering successful IT projects for a variety of large end clients.
Your progression from 3rd Line Engineer / Senior Engineer / Technical Lead to Technical Architect, will be aided by senior staff at the MSP and training courses, offering you a perfect blend of practical and theoretical learning.
* Responsible for design, implementation and maintenance of Windows infrastructure for MSP and their clients. Good knowledge and experience of Windows server 2008 upwards and win stack i.e. SQL, Exchange
* Oversee Backups for MSP and their clients: Create backup schedules, monitor progress, author DR procedures: Products used Backup exec and Arcserve
* Oversee Anti Virus administration: Symantec
* Liaise with clients: gather information for projects, create proposals or Statement of Work, status updates good communication skills.
* Design, implement maintain Operating System Builds + GPO
* Troubleshooting skills
* Able to document system configuration processes
* Able to specify and price servers and software for clients needs
* Purchase and track software licensing
* Share knowledge and develop desktop engineers
* Ensure clients are patched to latest security updates and Anti Virus
* Proven experience as a Senior Engineer, System Administrator or Architect within a Microsoft environment
* Experience with databases, networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management
* Knowledge of system security (e.g. Anti Virus, firewall MS security patching) and data backup/recovery
* Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms
* Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
* Excellent communication skills
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960528311