Test Engineer - Powertrain / Electrical systems
Order Number: 35151
Position: Test Engineer - Powertrain / Electrical systems
Location: Gaydon, Warwick
Duration: Initially to March 2019
Hourly Rate: up to £19.94 Umbrella/Limited Company or £15.69 PAYE
Our Client, an automotive OEM, is currently looking to recruit an Test Engineer - Powertrain / Electrical systems Engineer to work for them on a contract basis at their site in the West Midlands.
Interrogate Electrification System level Design Verification Plan, develop Design Verification Test Plan & support System Team in defining Test Cases and DVM Plan and Manage facilities & test teams to ensure test property provision (rigs and vehicles), to correct timing and specification, to complete compiled DVP.
Support setup & commissioning of test properties, including leading and coordinating any integration issue resolution and sign-off activities to verify test readiness.
Track status of System DVT and generate reports as required for project and management meetings
Track status of all compiled DVP & DVT activities and associated gateway readiness prognosis
Deliver the agreed DVP plan and issue formal sign off reports as per agreed DVP requirements
Manage allocated Test/Fleet Vehicles - ensure any updates (H/W and S/W) and functional issues managed
3 KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
• Experience in testing Power Train or Electrical systems in Automotive Applications
• Experience in Automotive Design Verification Process planning and delivery
• Experience or exposure of working in a team or manage cross functional technical issue resolution
• Experience in working in teams to effectively deliver objectives in automotive engineering environment
• Familiarity with Client Engineering Procedures
• Experience in Automotive Electrification Propulsions Systems
• Preferably degree qualified in appropriate Automotive, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering fields
Driving License (preferably clean) for occasional inter-site travel
ALL APPLICANT'S MUST HAVE A CURRENT VALID WORK PERMIT TO WORK IN THE UK
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960532013