Due to continued growth we are looking for experienced Security Architect, ideally with a Consultancy background, to play a key role in a range of high profile projects delivering complex solutions to Enterprise clients.
You will have a broad technical background and previous experience in lead roles on major application development or systems integration projects. You will also have a proven track record in architecting, designing and delivering scalable, robust and secure enterprise solutions. With first class senior customer facing skills and a genuine passion for quality and professional delivery, you will be looking for a new challenge with a company that genuinely recognises and rewards its star performers.
Role and Responsibilities
You will operate as a Senior Consultant who establishes the working relationship with our customers following the initial establishment of a commercial relationship.
You will provide the customer with their first experience of delivery capability and approach and must therefore be able to deliver a high standard of day to day consultancy as well as be responsible for the security oversight of existing as well as new solutions, client relationships, managing feedback, ensuring satisfaction and taking ownership of risk.
The scope of the role is to define end-to-end solutions that demonstrably meet business requirements. The role requires an in-depth knowledge of security principles, architectures & design as well as a broad technical knowledge of systems, systems integration and the ability to learn new technologies and skills as required.
- Lead the development of and communicate security architecture views, standards and roadmaps to stakeholders and project teams
- Ensure that from a security perspective the development of architectures for complex systems leads to successful delivery and operation
- Review and approve all key architectural deliverables to ensure the solution is compliant with the secure architectural specification, and the organisations standards
- Maintain, apply, share and promote a broad industry and technical awareness to ensure best practice and be a recognised subject matter expert within the organisation
- Lead on managing, improving, supporting and promoting industry security best practices and “Secure By Design” principles, patterns and standards within the Architectural, Cloud, Project and Service Management teams
- Own and manage security related tools, processes and procedures used to underpin live Services
- Active participation in “Well Architected Reviews” for existing customer Solutions and Services
- Support the Security team and manage major Security Incidents and Vulnerabilities
- Translate business requirements (both functional and non-functional) into a solution, ensuring compliance with the organisations strategy, policies and standards
- Take responsibility for identifying, qualifying and mitigating risks associated with the solution, to ensure effective control of technical risks
- Communicate at both project and strategic levels with customers, suppliers and users (both internal and external)
- Assist in preparation of technical programme and project plans
- Monitor technical progress, informing project management of major technical issues and making recommendations on their resolution
- Where needed, deep dives into technical areas to solve specific solution design challenges
- Work effectively to produce quality solutions within business and project constraints
Essential Technical Experience
- Demonstrable business awareness with strong stakeholder and supplier management skills
- A proven track record in designing and delivering secure large-scale, complex systems and integration solutions
- Strong team building and mentoring skills within mixed teams internally and externally
- First class design skills including the ability to draw up specifications that could be effectively utilised by development teams offshore as well as onshore
- Demonstrable assistance in Architecture Reviews and Governance
- Demonstrable experience working with Solution Designers and other Project members to achieve Solution Objectives
- Demonstrable experience in preparing and presenting sound business cases and feasibility studies i.e. for ROI and TCO
- Demonstrable experience of implementation of a range of business solutions: Consultancy, Bespoke Development and Product Integration
- Demonstrable experience in IT Engagement Assessments from Ideas, Visions and Scope
- Demonstrable ability to propose and evaluate alternative business and technology solutions
- Ability to collaborate solutions with Enterprise Architecture and Architecture Contracts
- Ability to support Business Analysts in gathering business requirements
- Ability to architect solutions based on business requirements
- Ability to identify and support change management as projects are undertaken
- Ability to design solutions to uphold Legal, Commercial, Financial and Security Policies and Standards (e.g. PCI, FCA, SO, Data Protection/GDPR etc.)
- Certified or experienced in following the principals of one or more standard architecture frameworks e.g. TOGAF, COBIT, SABSA, Zachman, BCS etc.
- Preparation and delivery of internal and external presentations
- Strong understanding of recent industry trends, including Security and Cloud adoption
- Can apply design principles to solutions for SOA, EAI, APIs, Cloud, IAM etc.
- Strong experience in relational and NoSQL database platforms, application servers, SOA and integration technologies, microservices
- Can recommend appropriate delivery methodologies – e.g. Agile, Waterfall, Hybrid
- Experienced in modelling systems in UML, ArchiMate and other notations
- Experienced in developing and deploying secure solutions within AWS & Azure
- Proficient in modelling tools (e.g. SPARX)
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960531939