My client are an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services.
They have an opportunity for a Civil Infrastructure Engineer to join their growing team of 14 based in the Bristol office.
They are looking for a proactive Civil Engineer to own and deliver projects and bring fresh ideas to enhance the way we work. Due to the number of people and parties we engage and coordinate with, good written and verbal communications skills are essential. The successful candidate shall work well in teams and have some experience delegating to colleagues.
The project variety is excellent and projects range in size and complexity. We work in a variety of business sectors such as aviation, rail, buildings, maritime and water. The team is energetic and this allows us to strive for ambitious targets in terms of digital design, 3D modelling and BIM. We frequently work with our buildings teams to deliver the associated infrastructure and we play a key role in the overall project coordination. Our ability to undertake complex coordination exercises is one of our specialisms which is why we seek a like minded engineer.
The core skills within the group are flood risk, drainage, SUDS, earthworks, pavement design, level strategies, utilities and access road designs. We can be appointed from feasibility through to construction and often advise throughout the construction period.
Planning and statutory approvals are an essential part of the job so good experience in the associated legislation and process is important.
You will be committed to your own professional development ideally by working towards, or have already achieved, an appropriate professional qualification.
Requirements and skills
The successful candidate will have experience and knowledge in the following:
· Owning and delivering civil engineering design packages.
· Below ground drainage design, with experience in the preparation of drawings, sections and schedules.
· Pavement design, with experience in the preparation of drawings and details.
· Preparation of specifications.
· Experience or awareness in the development of proposed levels for a scheme taking into consideration existing constraints and project requirements.
· Awareness of the local planning policies and understanding on how this influences projects.
· Able to coordinate with other engineering and architectural disciplines, and liaise with them in a collaborative manner.
· Able to write concise design reports and notes.
· Able to identify gaps in information required and prepare survey specification to obtain this data.
· Knowledge of the appropriate design codes such as Building Regulations, Sewers for Adoption, Design Manual for Roads and Bridges.
· Able to work with internal and external clients in order to agree mutually agreeable outcomes.
Essential software skills:
· General excellent computer literacy
· Microsoft office
· AutoCAD or Microstation
Desirable Skills and Knowledge
Preferably, the successful candidate will also have experience and knowledge of the following:
· Design of sustainable urban drainage systems and knowledge of the governing legislation.
· Flood Risk Assessments.
· Good digital skills in terms of transfer of data between internal and external parties.
· Ambitious digital skills in terms of creating efficiencies in the way we work and presenting information.
· Earthworks design and the preparation of contract information.
· Utilities planning and coordination.
· Design of minor access roads and service yards.
· Able to comment on and develop site masterplans in conjunction with design teams.
Beneficial software skills:
· Civil 3D
· Digital design tools, such as Navisworks
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960530785