One of the UKs leading infrastructure contractors require a proven Engineering Manager/Lead Engineer to join their London HQ to co-ordinate and manage design delivery and engineering knowledge and advice through a major project or business unit.
Role & Responsibilities
• Liaison with the Head of Engineering to ensure balancing of resource across the business as required.
• Provide operational, strategic and contractual advice and service to bid preparation and project management when associated with design management and engineering.
• Summarise quantities relating to design tasks for pricing purposes to support bids.
• Manage delivery of guidance and service support to bid and project meetings to contribute a clear view for delivering design management and engineering.
• Keep management informed of business area activity and progress achieved.
• The day to day management of all engineering activities currently being undertaken including assessment of permanent and temporary works design works requirements and the appointment of suitable resource to satisfactorily complete those works.
• The selection and appointment of all Contractor’s Responsible Engineers (CREs), TWCs, or other positions of responsibility with an engineering focus.
• The review of all Designs to ensure coordination between design disciplines.
• Manage the interface with external or in house design teams on behalf of the Project Manager.
• Represent the design department when necessary at internal and external meetings and, in the absence of the Design Engineer, to be the focal point of contact within the department.
• Liaise with other departments and project teams within the Company with respect to design requirements.
• The final review and acceptance of all AFC documents.
• Responsible for ensuring that all changes in client / company standards are captured reviewed and briefed out to all Engineers and staff who have safety critical involvement.
• Ultimately responsible for all engineering activities both on and off site for the particular project in question.
• Deputising for Engineering Managers from other Region/Division in their absence.
* Degree educated or Chartered Engineer ( Civil )
* Proven years relevant engineering management experience in civil engineering industry for recognised contractor
* Resource Planning
* Man management of teams 20+
* Design experience
* Temporary works and permanent work design process and delivery
* Experience in linear civil engineering projects ( Ideally power or utilities projects for clients such as National Grid,Thames Water,UKPN,EDF etc )
* Knowledge of project management process gained through successful experience of contract management.
On offer is a unique opportunity to join a leading contractor with diverse civil engineering projects across London/Gr London and Southern regions.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960533049