Financial Systems Officer
To assist the Principal Accountant (Financial & Technical Accounting) and other members of the FMS project team in the implementation and system administration of a new Financial Management System across three Cambridgeshire district councils.
MAIN ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To develop reports, dashboards and business intelligence queries in line with user requirements using the integrated reporting tools provided in the new Financial Management System.
- To assist in the administration of the new Financial Management System including updating Roles and Security, maintenance of System Users, document templates, Finance Codes, Ledger set ups, reporting and dashboards.
- To act in back up capacity to the FMS Project Systems Accountant.
- To test the operation of reports, dashboards and business intelligence queries developed from the new FMS, prior to the system go-live.
- To assist in the development of reporting training and related materials.
- Carry out any other duties as required by your line manager from time to time in accordance with the grading of the post.
- Experience of developing, writing and testing financial management reports in a complex organisation.
- Experience of working in a finance and accounting role in a local authority.
- Experience of maintaining finance systems and handling enquiries
- Experience of training and supporting staff with the use of financial management reporting tools.
- Experience of working on a complex financial systems implementation.
- Fully conversant with the operation of financial management systems including General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Budgeting and Forecasting
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Actively listens to and responds to customers sensitively and appropriately
- Able to influence others to achieve service outcomes
- Able to inspire trust, confidence, respect and credibility from a range of people
- Able to solve problems creatively to achieve service outcomes
- Communicates in an effective and respectful manner
- Awareness and understanding of diversity issues
- Demonstrates personal responsibility for decisions and actions and the consequences of these
- Good time management, able to prioritise workload and meet deadlines
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel
- Demonstrates behaviours consistent with the Council's competency framework
- Qualified to Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) level as a minimum, equivalent qualification or demonstrable experience of working at this level
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960532230