My client, a well-established company within the health and retail sectors are keen to recruit a talented System Administrator to join their established team in London, as they continue to grow their organisation throughout 2018. They are offering up to £65,000 along with an attractive benefits package. The System Administrator is responsible for providing senior level support to my client and their partners by providing direct services in the installation, use, upgrade, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of the network environment, voice, and computer, server and HorizonView.
You will be responsible for:
- Designs, installs, upgrades, configures, and repairs local and remote systems, infrastructure and network hardware for my client.
- Evaluates, tests, and recommends appropriate technology, assists in the preparation of proposals and solutions presentations.
- Manages the capacity management process of all the EMEA based infrastructure to ensure we meet business future demand.
- Delivers third and fourth tier incident and problem support and resolution within specified service delivery commitments across EMEA sites.
- Provides advanced systems administration support across ESX and Windows platforms.
- Provide 24x7 on call support.
- Validates the readiness of hardware and software solutions prior to implementation.
- Coordinates development and maintenance of systems infrastructure.
- Creates and maintains comprehensive documentation for all development, test and production infrastructure with detailed architecture maps.
- Assists in vendor selection for support services.
- Conducts important and complex technical investigations.
- Leads and participates in technical discussions and projects.
- May orient, train, assign and check the work of lower level employees.
- Communication to and interaction at C-Level Management.
- Act as a resource to others in the resolution of complex problems and issues.
- Adapts procedures, processes, tools, equipment and techniques to accomplish the requirements of the position.
Skills, experience and education needed:
- Knowledge of the principles, best practices, and techniques used in administering complex infrastructure.
- Excellent customer service orientation and skills.
- Demonstrative ability to own and manage projects.
- Analytical and problem solving skills with keen attention to detail.
- Ability to make correct timely decisions, effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Skilled at working within a team-oriented / collaborative environment across teams to complete work.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Willingness to work non-standard hours as needed for system changes and deployments.
- Self-motivated, self-starter and self-directed.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish assigned tasks and goals.
- Displays key leadership skills.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Minimal Microsoft MCSE certified.
- Certified to minimal ITIL V3 Foundation level.
- VMware Professional certification - VCAP
- Protocols: All layer 2, layer 3 (especially EIGPR & BGP) protocols
- Hardware Platform : EMC Storage (Unity and VNX), Cisco UCS Blade, VMWare 6.0
- Experience in developing, deploying and supporting a VMWare HorizonView environment
- Office365 deployment and management
- MS Exchange 2010 and above
- Windows 2012 and Unix systems administration
- Strong experience in working in an AD managed environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering or other relevant field.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in IT as Windows and HorizonView System Administrator plus networking and IT security.
- Knowledge of PCI and GDPR compliance standards.
- Ability to communicate in another European language would be advantageous (German, Italian).
Should you be interested in this position, please do send your profile and call for further information.
Costello and Reyes operate as both a recruitment business and recruitment agency for its clients.
Unfortunately, sponsorship cannot be provided so you must have the right to work in the UK.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960531929